Any hope of getting Me TV or Antenna TV to Dish?

coltrane679

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
These channels do very well what TV Land USED to do. Right now I can (sometimes) get Antenna TV on local sub-channel, but Me TV is debuting here soon on a sub-channel I cannot get.

I don't think Memorable Entertainment or Antenna TV is on any cable/sat system. They are OTA only that I am aware of. So based on that I guess not much hope. But as with anything, if it was low cost to obtain who knows....

I see the confusion . . .
What is on the cable systems is the LOCAL Me TV or Antenna TV
One could think your asking about the national feed of these.

This is a challenge for Dish and DireCTV, most do not offer the smaller local stations or digital sub channels on there SAT.
You CAN get them if you have an over the air turner connected to the Sat box. This is why some were concerned about the Hopper as the OTA tuner will not be out at release date. it is needed to get these channels via your own ANT.

You guys are quite wrong--they are on many cable systems.

but since the OP is asking about Dish my answer is correct ;)

Yes they are on cable (via the whole locals thing) but neither Dish nor Directv carry it as a national station. Some markets its on a regular channel (not subchannel) and its carried. But most subchannels are not carried

Me-Tv IS on Dish in the Boston DMA....WMFP - 62 an independent station. And that is the only way you probably could get Me-Tv, if a local channel carries it as it's primary station.

but since the OP is asking about Dish my answer is correct ;)

Yes they are on cable (via the whole locals thing) but neither Dish nor Directv carry it as a national station. Some markets its on a regular channel (not subchannel) and its carried. But most subchannels are not carried

I AM the OP, and yes, I was asking about Dish--obviously.

It would be trivial for Dish to add either or both of these subchannels in my market. But they haven't. THAT is what I was asking about.

I am about to reach critical mass on the programming that Dish refuses to carry that I can get from cable. Walking away form the baseball package was an enormous strike one. This is strike two. It's not going to take much more.

You are all right and wrong. They are on cable, but it's just your local cable company picking up the DT2 or DT3 of the local affiliate that they are picking up. It's not the main feed. Comcast in my area got Universal Sports until last month. This was from WBIN-DT2. Now that Universal Sports is a cable/satellite only channel, they don't get it. And Comcast owns Universal Sports through NBC. But Antenna and ME are not offered directly to cable, it's your local affiliates agreeing to allowing cable to put it up.

KTXD and its coming....they just went through ownership changes
Thanks iceberg for the correction on my transposed station and update on the sale. On Wikipedia I found the sale closed in Jan. 2012 and ME is supposed to be broadcasting in Feb.2012 so it should be here soon.

If your local cable company carries Antenna TV and MeTV and you get Internet through that cable company, you probably have the channels on QAM. Just plug the Internet coax into the antenna slot on your TV and switch it to digital cable instead of OTA and let 'er scan. I have This-TV from WXII Winston-Salem, NC on QAM and This-TV from WRAL Raleigh, NC OTA and they're not the same 24/7. I get most of the locals and a few SD analog cable channels on QAM. Works well for the massive storms that kill Directv and OTA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)