Please reply by conversation.

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Friend lives in New Britain Ct. zip 06053. He had Direct TV for several years before moving out of state, being gone a few years now and returned. He has again signed up with Direct TV to find he no longer gets MSG. He is telling me he is 100% sure he got it before. The website does not reflect he would get it. I live much further east in Ct. than he does, in fact as far from NY in Ct as you can get and we got MSG back when Dish had it, but the Direct TV website does not indicate I would get it now. Both his Zip and mine show we would get YES, SNY, NESN, and CSNNE.

So I did some digging and in the MSG fequently asked quesitons I found this;

NEW YORK KNICKS / NEW YORK LIBERTY Connecticut Total blackout in New London and Windham Counties.

So that suggests to me MSG IS or WAS available in those Counties, but with Blackouts for the Knicks. They also have a section where Rangers are NOT blacked out 100% in those Counties.

Does anyone know, did the DMA for MSG drastically change? Or is Direct TV just not offering it in certain areas anymore?

Last edited:
So it was at one time, correct? I just want to be able to give my friend an answer, it would appear MSG was available as he says, but no longer is. I do wonder if this is a Direct TV decision or an MSG decision.

It was at one time. IIRC, about 5 or 6 years ago they changed the coverage for MSG.

Interesting just MSG would change their DMA and not YES or SNY.

MSG doesn't carry a MLB team, maybe that has something to do with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.