Any MLB "adjacent market" fans lose RSN's, too?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
I got a recorded call last night regarding my access to Boston Red Sox games on NESN. Up until now, my zip code has been eligible for these games with the Sports Pack. D* is now trying to force us onto MLB EI.

I know there are other markets where this is the case (the Cardinals markets had a dispute cleared earlier this year), did anyone else lose anything?

I only get one RSN and it is FSN Cincinnati.

Was the message and ad for MLB EI or was D* telling you were losing access to Red Sox games on NESN?

I got a recorded call last night regarding my access to Boston Red Sox games on NESN. Up until now, my zip code has been eligible for these games with the Sports Pack. D* is now trying to force us onto MLB EI.

I know there are other markets where this is the case (the Cardinals markets had a dispute cleared earlier this year), did anyone else lose anything?

Nothing here. My primary RSN is Comcast Chicago, however, through the sports pack, I receive 3 "secondary" RSN's (FSN North, FSN Wisconsin, and FSN Midwest). All of pro teams of those secondary RSN's "claim" the area were I live to be in their home market.

Was the message and ad for MLB EI or was D* telling you were losing access to Red Sox games on NESN?

Both. To the tune of "if you want to continue receiving Sox games, get MLB EI. Go here for info, etc"

I'm just trying to figure out if this is NESN-specific, or something wider.

If you are in Fairfield County, I assume both the Mets and the Yanks claim it as theirs. I would be surprised if you have an overlap with the BoSox as you are much closer to NYC.

I believe that at least a portion of Fairfield County is considered NYY and NYM territory and not part of the Red Sox Nation although the remainder of the state is claimed by all three. No offense is intended toward the residents of that section of Fairfield County. It is not your fault. But I was unaware of any changes to the territories and not sure it would be happening.

I believe that at least a portion of Fairfield County is considered NYY and NYM territory and not part of the Red Sox Nation although the remainder of the state is claimed by all three. No offense is intended toward the residents of that section of Fairfield County. It is not your fault. But I was unaware of any changes to the territories and not sure it would be happening.

Fairfield county is in the NY dma. According to the D* website, you will get the Sox if you have the sports pack or the premiere package.

Fairfield county is in the NY dma. According to the D* website, you will get the Sox if you have the sports pack or the premiere package.

Only in certain towns (like mine). I'm on a border town. Also, this is exactly what's changing - of course, like it seems nearly the whole D* site, it's either wrong / outdated, or soon will be :rolleyes:

Status
Please reply by conversation.