Any News about OLN

Iceberg said:
Hopefully they get this thing done SOON

I hope they get it done in a few weeks. OLN is carrying the third round of the playoffs and the first two games. I am not sure how it works in Canada but if you have dish in the U.S.A you are kind of screwed.

I'm switching from cable hopefully by the first of the month. We are just waiting for the people to come out survey the satellite and hopefully the same day put everything up. The only bad part is right now I have HD and to get HD on Dish I need to buy a $2500 dish. But hopefully the price goes down for that dish in a year or two.

The clock is ticking ...I have got at least 6 customers i have been putting off thinking OLN will be back soon. One told me he was only waiting another week them switching. I guess i can not blame him. Been a good Dish customer.

Well I believe OLN is trying to become a sports network and they are trying to get football. If that happens OLN should be back by next year hopefully.

Well, I did an annual renewal just before this hit, but I am not a happy camper.

Nobody here watches the Lifetime stuff, and wife kind of likes Oxygen, but look at the variety of reasons why people want OLN back. It has become the place to go for niche sports, now that ESPN will only touch the top tier stuff.

In addition to settling, OLN needs to rebrand itself.

PBR Bull Riding

Watching any of the other wana-be bull riding events is like watching minor league baseball instead of major league.
I have tried several others and even when NBC broadcasts an occasional PBR event, they cut out some of the rides and the coverage is not as complete as it is on OLN.

I will wait another week or so, but If they do not get it back, I am gone!
They could at least provide a status update, and yes I have written several notes asking for updates.
When you call and ask if negotiations/discussions are still in progress, you get various answers all the way from "NO" the channel has been dropped to "Yes" the parties are still talking.
Of course D* tells you that E* will never get OLN back. But they also tried to tell me I could record HD on the regular DVR receiver because I could put a splitter in place. That is when I said "you are wrong" and hung up.

Other than the several calls and emails, anything else us frustrated PBR fans can do to prod E*.....

jayn_j said:
Well, I did an annual renewal just before this hit, but I am not a happy camper.

Nobody here watches the Lifetime stuff, and wife kind of likes Oxygen, but look at the variety of reasons why people want OLN back. It has become the place to go for niche sports, now that ESPN will only touch the top tier stuff.

In addition to settling, OLN needs to rebrand itself.

Does this mean OLN airs Karate and Kumite coverage as well? I would do PPV just to get hidden footage of the Kumite.

Sarang said:
Does this mean OLN airs Karate and Kumite coverage as well? I would do PPV just to get hidden footage of the Kumite.

I don't think they air karate. It's mostly hunting, rodeo, hockey, survivor, and I think one or two other reality shows on.

I was on another forum and they said OLN is back but nobody can get to it yet. Maybe they almost have a deal worked out or maybe it's going to be a ala carte channel?.

Oln

It should be back on and at no extra cost to 180 package subscribers (we were already paying for it). If they want to make it ala carte to the other package subscribers, then fine....maybe that would be a win/win for E* and OLN..

sandman441 said:
I was on another forum and they said OLN is back but nobody can get to it yet. Maybe they almost have a deal worked out or maybe it's going to be a ala carte channel?.

Not quite. It was uplinked again in mid-December but has not been made available. The channel is still labeled "TEST." Echostar and Comcast have not come to terms.

chaddux said:
Not quite. It was uplinked again in mid-December but has not been made available. The channel is still labeled "TEST." Echostar and Comcast have not come to terms.

Ok. I wasn't sure what that meant and I took it as that. What I meant was that there was no deal but I thought because it was uplinked that was a good sign.

I would post the link but for some reason I am not able to.

Last edited:
sandman441 said:
Ok. I wasn't sure what that meant and I took it as that. What I meant was that there was no deal but I thought because it was uplinked that was a good sign.

I would post the link but for some reason I am not able to.

Not necessarily good news. I think Oxygen was first uplinked in 2004. It was repeatedly removed, re-uplinked, removed again, and so on. They finally came to terms earlier this month.

And no need for the link. We all know the other site. :) I think there is a minimum number of posts required to post links (10, maybe?) to prevent spam.

chaddux said:
Not necessarily good news. I think Oxygen was first uplinked in 2004. It was repeatedly removed, re-uplinked, removed again, and so on. They finally came to terms earlier this month.

And no need for the link. We all know the other site. :) I think there is a minimum number of posts required to post links (10, maybe?) to prevent spam.

It said 5 but I should be at 10 now. I am getting dish hopefully by the first so I'm new to this stuff.

sandman441 said:
It said 5 but I should be at 10 now. I am getting dish hopefully by the first so I'm new to this stuff.

Ah, you don't have DISH yet. Well, welcome aboard.

chaddux said:
Ah, you don't have DISH yet. Well, welcome aboard.

Yeah, I can't wait the installer said 5-7 days and that was I believe 4 days ago I have to wait a little longer. The only bad part was that I wanted HD channels and I guess I needed a different dish for it and the dish was $2500.

sandman441 said:
Yeah, I can't wait the installer said 5-7 days and that was I believe 4 days ago I have to wait a little longer. The only bad part was that I wanted HD channels and I guess I needed a different dish for it and the dish was $2500.

$2500 for a dish?! You've got to be kidding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts