Any one use a TV video transmitter (UHF or VHF) to help in dish tuning?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Do you want a teaser,it will do just about every thing but wipe your nose for you.I just found this yesterday ,not available yet.Trimax SM-3500 same feature as the 2500 spectrum analyzer and TV screen etc... But the new features are real interesting Sat ID, Video in-out which I think means you can use it as a tuner/receiver and it is a hand held unit. I think I would prefer this over the Birdog meter I have used. It is not cheap$500 so I will be dragging my TV and receiver out side for awhile yet.

i

The only problem I see with both the diplexer and extra cable ideas is that you can't change settings on the receiver without running inside. That might not be a big problem in most situations, but I can think of some scenarios where it would be a major pain. Otherwise, a great idea though...

I see there are now some WiFi capable digital frames. I know they are designed mainly to view stored images, but I was wondering if they come with software that would transmit video from the main box over WiFi to the frame?

Nippon video video sender, is not FCC approved and not legal to send video signal on TV broadcast bands!!:(

You are sending a AM double sideband video instead of AM video filter "VSB" will result in 12 MHz wide signal carrier instead of normal 6 MHz wide video channel.

You may be interfering the digital TV signals, and may get busted by the FCC!!:eek:

You should look for type FCC Approved video senders on 902 to 928 MHz, 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz.:up

Just want to let you know.......
Well now that I know, I'm liable.
That's too bad it work that way... 12 MHz and not 6

In my defense, I checked all of the in use channels for my region.
I made sure to the best of my ability was not interfering with anything receivable or even in the FCC database.

The only station, from what you've told me, in the station KOXI-CA.
Said channel is only receivable in vancouver approx. 15 miles north as the crow flies. Not grey static but white static everywhere else in the Contour map
Nearest full power digital stations are 16 and 22.
A low-power translator on Ch. 18 nearby is separated from me by a mountain ridge

Also the unit is only used when I need it.

What more am I required to do?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)