Any plans for DTV to release new mini genies?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It makes sense, the taller clouds have more water in them.
According to my NOAA meteorologist friend, you are right, IF the base of the clouds are at the same level. Just being taller (higher) doesn't mean they have more water.

According to my NOAA meteorologist friend, you are right, IF the base of the clouds are at the same level. Just being taller (higher) doesn't mean they have more water.
A high cirrus cloud is just a high cloud with little water in it. A towering cumulonimbus cloud could have a base at 1000 feet but go up 70,000.

It makes sense, the taller clouds have more water in them.
That also explains why you can lose signal while not having a storm in the area ... in most cases the Sat signal is to your Southwest ... and in most cases our weather comes from that direction, if there are tall clouds via a storm miles away it could be cities away raining and THAT storm is blocking the signal to the dish, while the sun may be out at home.

That also explains why you can lose signal while not having a storm in the area ... in most cases the Sat signal is to your Southwest ... and in most cases our weather comes from that direction, if there are tall clouds via a storm miles away it could be cities away raining and THAT storm is blocking the signal to the dish, while the sun may be out at home.
If you are east of the Mississippi, yes. If you live on the west coast then no, the signals are from the southeast.

If you are east of the Mississippi, yes. If you live on the west coast then no, the signals are from the southeast.
Really, I didn't realize there was That much difference ....
I would have thought SW and South if I were to take a guess.

Then again, if I had a reason, I would look up the co-ordinates and see the difference ...

Really, I didn't realize there was That much difference ....
I would have thought SW and South if I were to take a guess.

Then again, if I had a reason, I would look up the co-ordinates and see the difference ...
The look angle from my house in central CT to 101 is 233, from San Fransisco it's 134.

The 101 satellite is approximately the same longitude as San Antonio TX.

DirecTV needs to come up with a stand alone 4K DVR...

What is a single TV household with a 4K TV supposed to do if they want 4K ability on their single TV? Right now get a Genie PLUS the 4K Genie Mini and pay the $7 extra TV fee for it even though they only have one TV?!?!?!?!? DUMB!
HS 17 + mini box = 1 tv

Reactions: comp9
And this sort of thing is exactly why you don't want to build 4K output into your DVR. If you have hardware limitations you might get in a situation where you don't want to hook it up to your 4K TV because a newer client has better capabilities. One of the things I expect to see in the next couple years are 4Kp120 sports broadcasts, which will require HDMI 2.1. You'd rather replace a cheap client than the whole home DVR.
and that is why there need to be a way to get Dolby Digital Plus out with needing your SOUND box to have 4Kp120

and that is why there need to be a way to get Dolby Digital Plus out with needing your SOUND box to have 4Kp120

FWIW, the C71KW has an optical audio out, so hopefully the satellite version of the C71 keeps it. Though that one is HDMI 2.0, you'll probably need a C81 to get 4Kp120 :)

Reactions: comp9
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts