Any update on MSNBC HiDef 6/29?

Well it is past midnight on the east coast so today is the day that MSNBC was supposed to go HD. Does anyone have any info on the status of the HD channel? July 8th seems like a long way off. Wonder if any other providers have lit it up.

C'mon DISH! Give us a July 4th :flag: present and add MSNBC-HD before July 8th!:lick

Well, looks like all the news that's worth looking for is going to be in HD...."soon". Can't wait! Maybe viewer ratings will climb up?????

I know I will be watching. . I have faded away from watching MSNBC because it's not in HD.. I have found myself between Fox and Cnn...but I will be watching more MSNBC once I am able to wwatch it i n HD.

I know I will be watching. . I have faded away from watching MSNBC because it's not in HD.. I have found myself between Fox and Cnn...but I will be watching more MSNBC once I am able to wwatch it i n HD.

That's funny, I used to enjoy Morning Joe, but drifted away to Fox and Friends because of the whole HD thing... Its more the sound quality for me, SD channel audio is lower than HD, and that just drives me nuts.

I have my doubts, but I'm really hoping Absolute customers get MSNBC HD... Any thoughts?

No MSNBC for you per Dish---Not this week on tweet from dish on this.

Maybe by December remember this is Dish not Direct Tv which may have it by today???

No MSNBC for you per Dish---Not this week on tweet from dish on this.

Maybe by December remember this is Dish not Direct Tv which may have it by today???
Dish stated a long time ago that they wouldn't carry the channel until July 8. So why are you surprised it's not appearing this week?

Thinking about it from a technical and customer service point of view, I don't think anything of note will be added this week due to the holiday. If you add a new national channel and it glitches on you, imagine the OT you would be paying your uplink staff....

The real issue probably is that MSNBC probably just started the feed this week. It takes a bit to verify the backhaul, get the encoders verified, test mux it into the uplink, etc. It could be up there right now just being tweaked on one of the temp channels. With the holiday Dish is probably just playing safe.

The real issue probably is that MSNBC probably just started the feed this week. It takes a bit to verify the backhaul, get the encoders verified, test mux it into the uplink, etc. It could be up there right now just being tweaked on one of the temp channels. With the holiday Dish is probably just playing safe.

Nah... Dish has uplinked stuff on day one before. Remember the Animal Planet, Science, etc. launches?

I wonder if they plan to add Home Shopping Network at the same time next week.

It's a bit weird that Dish has all this capacity and hasn't added QVC or any other shopping network in HD.

Methinks they will correct that soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts