Any updates on MLB Network

When I watched it on Direct at a friends house I loved MLB Network. They recap games in a much more fan friendly way. They actually show Reds highlights! Besides that, it just seems like they have put a lot into to make it a very good channel.

Looks like MLBNet is taking over ESPNs Memorial day game coverage. In the past ESPN televised games all day long on Memorial Day, now MLBNet is doing that this year.

Well, that's progress I guess. :(

BTW; Remy and Announcer Boy are like a serial program. Seriously man, many of the things they deliver dry are running jokes. Watching them all the time, I know this to be true. They are both from around here (MA, NH, ME, VT) and we do enjoy them very much.

We can't all have Vin. He is awesome -no doubt about it, so even the thought of comparison by anyone is unfair. I hear that voice and I think Baseball.

I have a feeling you might admit that the game is about tradition. Vin is baseball out your way and Remy is what we relate to. Now that Jerry is out, the telecasts are just not the same. When you lose Vin to that great hall of fame in the sky, all of baseball will celebrate what he meant to the game and to the millions that had the pleasure of enjoying the game with him.

It is about the game, sure. But it is the tradition, history and legends that makes it special to us baseball followers.

When I watch a Sox game on NESN, the announcers dull me to sleep. Seriously. My opinions of other announcers have nothing to do with Vin. There are many announcer that are good and some that are bad. The Sox announcers are just a bore. They can make some of the most exciting moments in a game sound routine and dull.

The Dodgers radio announcer, Charlie Steiner, is far from boring, but I think he is a poor announcer as he over dramatizes everything and doesn't stop talking.

ChSox announcers are not boring either, but they are probably the biggest "homers" in baseball.

Sorry to hear about Remy and I wish him a full and speedy recovery...

Last edited:
I noticed last nite on the Twins game (ESPN) MLB Network had a big banner taped to the backstop so it was shown on every pitch on a national game on another network

interesting

it had to be put there for a reason because today when watching the game both of the "marquees" behind the plate were visible. Yesterday only the left one was. The right one had the MLB channel banner on it

I noticed last nite on the Twins game (ESPN) MLB Network had a big banner taped to the backstop so it was shown on every pitch on a national game on another network

interesting

I noticed the MLBN banner ad during the game as well, and also found that quite interesting. Kinda had to do a double take when my eyes glanced to that side of the screen...just didn't expect to see that during Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN.

I was with E* for almost 10 years. When MLB:EI went to D*, I was disappointed with E*, but stayed because 4 of my 10 most watched channels were VOOM channels. When E* dropped VOOM, I re-evaluated my carrier and switched to D* in some part because of MLB:EI.

I must say that having MLB:EI is wonderful. I'm a Red Sox fan living in Wisconsin (favorite NL team is the Giants) and I'm now watching about 5 games a week. The HD quality is very good. And the MLB Network channel is a very nice bonus.

I still like a lot about E*, I would gladly pay $200 to swap my HR21 for a 722 that worked on D*. And E* has some HD channels that I would love to get. But it would be very hard to give up watching the Sox on NESN HD.

To preface, I'm a sport fanatic, in general. But, baseball is my favorite sport, for sure. NFL is a pretty close 2nd, though.

Having said that, I RARELY watch the NFL Network. The main point is football is not a daily game, like baseball. I don't need a NFL Network on Wednesdays. I just don't watch it. And, the biggest football day, Sunday, there are better choices of coverage, on the national networks.

If Dish had the MLB Network, I would watch it all the time. With live games, and other features for a daily sport, it would be a great addition. ESPN's coverage is mediocre, at best, even with Baseball Tonight. I also liked Harold Reynolds a lot.

It saddens me to hear that Uverse also doesn't carry MLB Network. I like Dish, beyond their terrible On Demand and this MLB Network fiasco. I love my .01 Cinemax. But, I would switch, when my contract expires, solely for the MLB Network. It's a ways off, so hopefully Uverse or Dish adds it. I really despise Comcast, so would hate to have to make that decision.

I think that Dish needs to listen to it's customers and not to their pocket books. If they want to stay competitive in this market, they need to carry the programs that people want. I am very disappointed that Dish is not carrying MLB Extra Innings Although it's probably too late for this year, I hope that they smarten up next year. If not, I will not renew my contract with Dish at the end of my commitment.

jstrazz...

Well, I'll tell you this.

When the EI contract came up for renewal, DirecTV originally was going to make it another exclusive for a nice sum. It took some legislators yapping to get cable in on the deal. Each one also had to agree to wide MLB Network carriage and an equity stake in the network as part of the EI deal.

Dish didn't want #2 or #3, so it got rid of #1 (EI). Charlie plays cheap.

sorry dishnet, we wont give you NFL-ST nor MLB E-I nor MLBNET or even Nascar Pass.
Sincerely, Directv

LOL

I think that Dish needs to listen to it's customers and not to their pocket books. If they want to stay competitive in this market, they need to carry the programs that people want. I am very disappointed that Dish is not carrying MLB Extra Innings Although it's probably too late for this year, I hope that they smarten up next year. If not, I will not renew my contract with Dish at the end of my commitment.

While I will never say never, (though feeling pretty confident) I am pretty sure MLB wont be coming to Dish anytime soon

The nicest thing about MLB Network(on TWC for me), is the LIVE LOOK-IN feature that they run from 7:00pm-until the games on the west coast end. Especially in HD.

It is a real great thing that they do live look-in's at key moments of games. Really great for fans of MLB.

sorry dishnet, we wont give you NFL-ST nor MLB E-I nor MLBNET or even Nascar Pass.
Sincerely, Directv

LOL

You can have those overpriced sports packages and keep your slow clunky receivers and overpriced packages! I prefer the more national HD channels, many more movie channels and my 5.95 sports pack that gives me the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox and Cardinals. Gee its only 12.00 with D*, Also enjoy the Cubs, Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls in HD on WGN!

LOL!!!!!

You can have those overpriced sports packages and keep your slow clunky receivers and overpriced packages! I prefer the more national HD channels, many more movie channels and my 5.95 sports pack that gives me the Twins, Brewers, Cubs, White Sox and Cardinals. Gee its only 12.00 with D*, Also enjoy the Cubs, Sox, Blackhawks and Bulls in HD on WGN!

LOL!!!!!

+1000:up

Now prepare for the WRATH OF THE VISIGOTHS!!!!

jstrazz...

Well, I'll tell you this.

When the EI contract came up for renewal, DirecTV originally was going to make it another exclusive for a nice sum. It took some legislators yapping to get cable in on the deal. Each one also had to agree to wide MLB Network carriage and an equity stake in the network as part of the EI deal.

Dish didn't want #2 or #3, so it got rid of #1 (EI). Charlie plays cheap.

I had MLB Network with Cable and I liked it. I was hoping to have it in HD when I switched to Dish. I was disappointed to find out that it was not available. I will be hounding Charlie about this until he caves in.