Any updates on MLB Network

I wish that MLB would at least be willing to go to the Platinum pack so it is available for customers willing to pay extra for it.

And any reasonable organization would think that a great idea...however MLB has not been reasonable during this whole affair, so I wouldn't expect an epiphany now...

Are the prices for CI and LP the same on Dish and Direct?

I believe that CI was the same price on D* and E* last season. The "early bird" special price on E* was $159 and I think D* was the same. The difference, of course, is that D* had far more games in HD.

Sorry, I don't know what "LP" stands for...

BTW, the EI package is $209 on D* according to their website, and is currently at $139 for the rest of the season. By comparison, that amount will buy you a decent seat for ONE game at the new Yankee Stadium. EI gives you access to about 2,000 games per season (about 1,000 in HD), which works out to about $.10 per game, which is a relative bargain. Of course, you can't watch all the games at the same time, although D* has a channel that shows 8 games on one screen.

I believe that CI was the same price on D* and E* last season. The "early bird" special price on E* was $159 and I think D* was the same. The difference, of course, is that D* had far more games in HD.

Sorry, I don't know what "LP" stands for...

BTW, the EI package is $209 on D* according to their website, and is currently at $139 for the rest of the season. By comparison, that amount will buy you a decent seat for ONE game at the new Yankee Stadium. EI gives you access to about 2,000 games per season (about 1,000 in HD), which works out to about $.10 per game, which is a relative bargain. Of course, you can't watch all the games at the same time, although D* has a channel that shows 8 games on one screen.

lol...you need to go to more games...nothing beats the ballpark...nothing...:D

Anyway, EI is a rip-off...most people only care for their one out of market team, or the one division their team is in...the rest is gravy...

Just another way MLB and D* 'screw the people'...

Thanks for pointing that out...

lol...you need to go to more games...nothing beats the ballpark...nothing...:D

Anyway, EI is a rip-off...most people only care for their one out of market team, or the one division their team is in...the rest is gravy...

Just another way MLB and D* 'screw the people'...

Thanks for pointing that out...
To you and many others it may be. For me and many others it is not. As far as I am concerned, it is the best deal of any sports package (more games for less money than any other package), and it is one of the best things I choose to spend money on.

To you and many others it may be. For me and many others it is not. As far as I am concerned, it is the best deal of any sports package (more games for less money than any other package), and it is one of the best things I choose to spend money on.

...yet you agreed with me earlier in this thread "as an EI sub" that offering EI by division would be a decent option. :confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/173197-any-updates-mlb-network-5.html#post1879757

Look, DK...your love and blind defense of EI and D* is heartwarming, it really is...but don't expect to earn credibility points by contradicting yourself...ok?

Thanks...;)

exactly! directv offers a product i want @ a price that i am willing to pay. i'm not putting direct on a "pedestal" as was suggested by the another poster. when/if direct stops offering MLB & EI @ a reasonable (to me) price, then i'm outta there & will look for other options. seems to me that it's charlie who's on a "pedestal" with some people. the same charlie who offered the inferior EI product BEFORE direct tried to become a exclusive provider.

btw, i agree that there's nothing like going to a live game but the cost of tix, parking, food, souveniers, etc. for 1 major league game approaches the annual cost of EI, so that's why we go to AAA games where you see quality baseball @ much lower prices.

exactly! directv offers a product i want @ a price that i am willing to pay. i'm not putting direct on a "pedestal" as was suggested by the another poster. when/if direct stops offering MLB & EI @ a reasonable (to me) price, then i'm outta there & will look for other options. seems to me that it's charlie who's on a "pedestal" with some people. the same charlie who offered the inferior EI product BEFORE direct tried to become a exclusive provider.

btw, i agree that there's nothing like going to a live game but the cost of tix, parking, food, souveniers, etc. for 1 major league game approaches the annual cost of EI, so that's why we go to AAA games where you see quality baseball @ much lower prices.

Hey, anything is worth the money for the few that are willing to pay for it...however on the whole? Most people who sub to it do not want or need it...they just want their team or division. Its a rip-off...and will only become more of one over time...

Besides, agreeing with DK on something he has already contradicted himself on isn't going to do much for you...

Most people who sub to it do not want or need it....
then why sub to it? They want to throw money away? Heck in that case send it to me :)

I'd sub to NHL CI because I am a hockey fan. Sure I have a few teams I like but I watch hockey as a whole. Same with folks who get NBA LP or MLB EI. There are probably 3 groups who have MLB EI (since we're on that topic)
1. They have a favourite team and cant get it locally (example would be a Dodgers fan in Colorado)
2. They are a baseball junkie and want to see every game possible
3. They want to see more than just their local team...might be part of point 1 but they might want to see the division races in the homestretch as a whole and not just hilites

Like I say, if I had the money I'd sub to NHL CI because I like watching hockey. Do I get excited for a Nashville/Atlanta game? no not really
Would I watch a Calgary/Detroit game? heck yeah

...yet you agreed with me earlier in this thread "as an EI sub" that offering EI by division would be a decent option. :confused:
What is confusing about what I stated? It would be a good idea. It would give people more choices and options.

Look, DK...your love and blind defense of EI and D* is heartwarming, it really is...but don't expect to earn credibility points by contradicting yourself...ok?

Thanks...;)
Blind defense? I am simply stated an opinion in which I dissagree with your opinion.

How am I contradicting myself? I do not think it is a rip off AND it would also be nice for them to offer smaller packages for those that cannot afford the entire package or do not want to pay to watch the entire package. For those that do choose to pay for the whole thing, like myself, many of us believe it is a good price.

Hey, anything is worth the money for the few that are willing to pay for it...however on the whole? Most people who sub to it do not want or need it...they just want their team or division. Its a rip-off...and will only become more of one over time...

Besides, agreeing with DK on something he has already contradicted himself on isn't going to do much for you...
I honestly do not see how you think I contradicted myself. How is me thinking that the current package is not a rip off for myself and also agreeing that it would be a good idea to offer other versions of the package for others, considered a contradiction?

Analogy: We have season passes to Disneyland. Disneyland has tiered packages that suit a variety of needs and prices. Some may choose one or the other depending on their needs and what they can afford. I think this is a good idea. Just because I may think the Premium (the most expensive unlimited season pass) is not a rip off, has nothing to do with me also agreeing that it is a good idea for them to also have other season pass options that suit others needs. That is not a contradiction at all.

What is confusing about what I stated? It would be a good idea. It would give people more choices and options.

Blind defense? I am simply stated an opinion in which I dissagree with your opinion.

How am I contradicting myself? I do not think it is a rip off AND it would also be nice for them to offer smaller packages for those that cannot afford the entire package or do not want to pay to watch the entire package. For those that do choose to pay for the whole thing, like myself, many of us believe it is a good price.

You always blindly defend EI...in every thread, at every opportunity...

And if you think EI is worth it, thats lovely...but does nothing to prove or disprove my initial statement on the whole...

I support my statement that EI is a rip-off because most people either only want their own team in another market, or a division to gauge competition.

you have previously supported that statement by stating such a package is a 'good idea', but MLB would 'never do it' because of potential financial loss due to EXACTLY the phenomenon I just described...thus indirectly supporting the notion of it being a rip-off. Forcing folks to by the whole when they only need the part.

If you think its worth it, thats great...but neither the facts nor your previous opinions support its value on the whole...

You always blindly defend EI...in every thread, at every opportunity...

And if you think EI is worth it, thats lovely...but does nothing to prove or disprove my initial statement on the whole...

I support my statement that EI is a rip-off because most people either only want their own team in another market, or a division to gauge competition.

you have previously supported that statement by stating such a package is a 'good idea', but MLB would 'never do it' because of potential financial loss due to EXACTLY the phenomenon I just described...thus indirectly supporting the notion of it being a rip-off. Forcing folks to by the whole when they only need the part.

If you think its worth it, thats great...but neither the facts nor your previous opinions support its value on the whole...
You can call me what you like, but I was simply pointing out that I have a different opinion while acknowledging that many others feel the same as you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)