Any US actions against a subscriber?

i think kusat would probably know not to ativate the ppv, speaking of ppv- you can still get it without having a phone line- you can tell *c to activate it via phone call-- when you want to order a ppv movie-
you call an 800 number it cost a dollar extra but worth it to get the free $50 ppv credits you get for joining *c.

i think kusat would probably know not to ativate the ppv, speaking of ppv- you can still get it without having a phone line- you can tell *c to activate it via phone call-- when you want to order a ppv movie-
you call an 800 number it cost a dollar extra but worth it to get the free $50 ppv credits you get for joining *c.

You should go with Kusat!

Kusat is my broker by the way and their service has been superb since day one. They do charge a fee annually which is around $75CAD. I'm not sure if they would let you buy PPVs since Kusat keep PIN # a secret. ;)

you can order ppv three ways- by installing a phone line into your receiver by calling *c automated system( 1.00 extra) or by calling *C customer service rep ( 2 dollar extra) I called *c and told them i had a cell phone but wanted to get ppv- so they set me up with apin no and to order i call their 800 ppv number- works like a charm.

ive never had a problem calling *c or bell dorect from usa via 1800 or 1888 i always *67 though but im sure that doesnt matter of course i always have my canadian address and phone number readily available before i call

so if i just ordered a system i would call direct myself that way you get the area you want and timezone plus no broker fee's
then tell them you want paperless billing
FYI *67 does not work on toll free numbers. As the number called has to pay for each call for abuse issues they get your pots line # or the pri # you are calling from if using voip. Not that StarChoice seems to care.

This is why some 800 #'s that are in-state only do not work. They receive the pri # which is typically out of state. Most phone switch software can map around this if setup properly however.

Regarding the activate PPV question:
When activating a new customers receiver, SC asks the dealer/installer if they are activating the PPV today. If they say yes, then the CSR sends a "Hit" to the receiver (when they get off the phone) to tell the receiver to test the internal modem. If it cannot connect to the SC computer within 5 mins., this can generate a trouble ticket and tech support can call back the customer to verify the PPV telephone line is plugged in. It can also mess up the programming download sometimes if the PPV call back doesn't go through.
So it is best not to activate the automatic PPV option when setting up a new account.

As of today I am an active *C sub.

Quick question, broker's email listed my pin number as unprovided.
Do I need one to phone in PPV requests?

Last edited:
Sorry, your right and it's fixed.
But with all do respect that's the worst kept secret of all time on this board.

um, last I checked staff decides what gets removed :)

and as noted
But with all do respect that's the worst kept secret of all time on this board.

exactly. I don't think there is a need to start editing posts. As mentioned above, its not like its a well kept secret. All they said was a broker that they got equipment from. Now if people were posting e-mail addresses or phone numbers that would be different

They're alot of noobs on the site, like me, that get too excited and post more then we should. So, a little editing wouldn't be so bad.

P.S. How can I use my PPV credits?

FYI *67 does not work on toll free numbers. As the number called has to pay for each call for abuse issues they get your pots line # or the pri # you are calling from if using voip. Not that StarChoice seems to care.

This is why some 800 #'s that are in-state only do not work. They receive the pri # which is typically out of state. Most phone switch software can map around this if setup properly however.

I'm going to assume you mean ANI. Setting CLID via a PRI and ANI are 2 different things.

*67 blocks CLID/CNAM, not ANI.

if you set up for auto pay they dont ask you for the address. Youc an also go paperless so there'd be no invocie sent

Okay, I'm a tad confused about this, so I figured I'd ask. I don't mind paying a broker to handle all of the details for me, but I'd rather not deal with a 2 IRD limit either.

I can get a legit Canadian phone # as well as set my outbound ANI/CLID when making calls to Canada, so I'm not worried about plugging my IRDs in. (E*'s Audit Department LOVES harassing me for forgetting to change my ANI/CLID).

So if I order the equipment from Kusat, would it be possible to just call up SC & setup autopay/paperless, give them my Canadian number, and be setup? Will they ask for a Canadian address? Will they question about me not needing an installer? What happens if they need to do a card swap, could I just tell them I'm vacationing in the US and give them a US address to send it to?

So if I order the equipment from Kusat, would it be possible to just call up SC & setup autopay/paperless, give them my Canadian number, and be setup? Will they ask for a Canadian address? Will they question about me not needing an installer? What happens if they need to do a card swap, could I just tell them I'm vacationing in the US and give them a US address to send it to?

you need a Canadian address to be set up with Canadian TV

Also SC recievers dont have cards in them :)

talk about a never ending thread, im sure if people page through posts they will find every answer thery need pertaining to canada tv in us or vice versa

to activate ppv by phone, you need to choose the pin no- you will have to call *c or have your broker call *c.
you also need the the home number your broker picked as your canadian home phone number to order ppv.- hint broker normally picks the area code they are in plus the last 7 digits of your own home phone number.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)