Any way to get just locals and HD?

acousticbiker

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 27, 2003
Just saw that Comcast is allowing Basic customers access to HD and wondering whether I could do the same with Dish.

You can get hd locals by themselves if you sub to the sd locals. They will charge you no basic programming fee for 6.00 and the hd enabeling fee for 6.00 . So your locals will be 5.99 +12.00 in fees= 17.99 . If you have the hd dvr it would be another 5.98 for the dvr fee=23.97. But no hd pack by itself any longer even if you own your receiver, if you are a new sub or new to hd.

You should search threads this is a subject that has been around under other names a multitude of times.
Why don't you search threads.

Sheesh!

Mike, look at it this way: you get free SD when you order America's Choice 250 + HD. And the same with locals: SD is FREE! Whoopee!

Remember: The glass is half full. Not "Who drank half my beer?"

Just saw that Comcast is allowing Basic customers access to HD and wondering whether I could do the same with Dish.
It's the law. Cable can't charge more for adding HD feeds of local stations you're already receiving in analog. But they can charge more for an HD STB. But you can get around this if you have a QAM cable HD tuner. The locals are never scrambled. SD or HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts