Any way to tell which episodes/programs are new while viewing the guide?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Marcingak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
NJ
It's annoying having to click the info button (and then the back button to go back to the guide) to check the original air date. I wish it would show it automatically.

It's annoying having to click the info button (and then the back button to go back to the guide) to check the original air date. I wish it would show it automatically.

Nope. Sadly, that long tedious way is the only way to know. It is one of the major flaws of the lackluster guide we have.

Reactions: Marcingak
Boy you guys are picky, 1 button gets you the I found you asked for and that's too much for you.

Give me a call and I'll come over and change the channel for you ...
Do you guys remember when there were no remotes ?
OMG, you had to get UP off the couch and change the channel .... Wah .... :biggrin

It's not picky when other providers provide this information without flipping through different menus. Get rid of the "HD" and start over arrow icons and add "new" where applicable. Most programming on HD channels is HD, so the "HD" icon is really not needed anymore. Not to mention it's wrong or missing on too many occasions.

It's not picky when other providers provide this information without flipping through different menus. Get rid of the "HD" and start over arrow icons and add "new" where applicable. Most programming on HD channels is HD, so the "HD" icon is really not needed anymore. Not to mention it's wrong or missing on too many occasions.
YOUR NOT WITH OTHER PROVIDERS, if you DEMAND it so bad, move on.
Geesh, really gets tiring hearing about the same things over and over and over.

Those here, unless we are high ups at D* can't do ANYTHING about it .... :deadhorse2

Reactions: ChadT41
Boy you guys are picky, 1 button gets you the I found you asked for and that's too much for you.

Give me a call and I'll come over and change the channel for you ...
Do you guys remember when there were no remotes ?
OMG, you had to get UP off the couch and change the channel .... Wah .... :biggrin
It's not just one button press. First, you have to use the arrow keys to select the program, then press the info button, and if you want to go back to viewing the guide you have to hit the back button or guide button again. If they showed it on the guide you could see info about dozens of shows at the same time without having to flip through dozens of menus. With all the money we are giving DirecTV each month I think we have a right to expect a more user friendly interface.

It's not just one button press. First, you have to use the arrow keys to select the program, then press the info button, and if you want to go back to viewing the guide you have to hit the back button or guide button again. If they showed it on the guide you could see info about dozens of shows at the same time without having to flip through dozens of menus. With all the money we are giving DirecTV each month I think we have a right to expect a more user friendly interface.
What a way to clutter up the guide screen ... you guys are already complaining about not enough hours in the guide, then not enough lines of programs, now you want to add Info to each program while in the guide ...
Amazing,, that screen will be so small and cluttered by the time you guys would get done with it, you wouldn't be able to see it.

What a way to clutter up the guide screen ... you guys are already complaining about not enough hours in the guide, then not enough lines of programs, now you want to add Info to each program while in the guide ...
Amazing,, that screen will be so small and cluttered by the time you guys would get done with it, you wouldn't be able to see it.
A simple way would be to change the background color of programs with new episodes or to add a star symbol or something. No clutter at all.

Reactions: ejb1980
A simple way would be to change the background color of programs with new episodes or to add a star symbol or something. No clutter at all.
Are you talking about for new shows or for new episodes ?

Making the guide different colors for different items, Sports, Comedy , movies ect was done 15 years ago, some liked it others not apparently because it went away with the Hughes line of recvrs.

Are you talking about for new shows or for new episodes ?

Making the guide different colors for different items, Sports, Comedy , movies ect was done 15 years ago, some liked it others not apparently because it went away with the Hughes line of recvrs.
I meant for new episodes. A new show would technically qualify as a new episode as well. I can see why some people might not like a color coded guide but it would be an easy fix to just add an option in the menu to disable it.

That could possibly violate some contracts, or Atleast rustle some feathers with channel owners. Take channels like USA, that has a huge viewership, but runs syndicated programming almost all day everyday. If you were to change the color on other channels and draw attention away from USA, they may get pissed. Without know language within the contracts, it certainly could piss some off. That said, as far as the consumer go, in the short run would probably be better for them.

I meant for new episodes. A new show would technically qualify as a new episode as well. I can see why some people might not like a color coded guide but it would be an easy fix to just add an option in the menu to disable it.
I don't like the idea of a different color for a new episode either, you do realize that you would have a color for a new show thruout the whole season for most shows, therefore it really wouldn't accomplish much.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)