This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Any word on OLN? Not Yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Suppafreak

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Any word about OLN returning before the NHL playoffs?

Is there a phone number, besides the regular customer service number, I may call to find out?

Thanks

If you have the FSN networks in you area, go to their website and check the TV schedule. Looks like FSN newtworks (FSN West and FSN BA) will be carrying the games in California.

Suppafreak said:
If you have the FSN networks in you area, go to their website and check the TV schedule. Looks like FSN newtworks (FSN West and FSN BA) will be carrying the games in California.

Yeah, I have the FSN networks. But when OLN has a game, then FSN doesn't carry it. (Like Monday, three days ago.)

From Multichannel News Today:

Take your pick: Among the brands Comcast Corp.’s OLN trademarked recently for its upcoming name change are Victory Channel, Sports Country Channel, Sports Nation Channel, Victory Network, Sports Country Network, Sports Nation Network, Victory TV, Sports Country TV and Sports Nation TV, as well as other combos.

Comcast changed the network’s name from Outdoor Life Network to OLN late last year

If only they worried less about the name, and more about getting it back to the subscribers....

Just heard from a friend who has a FTA receiver. Message on the screen says something like "Get ready to spend some time indoors, OLN is coming back to Dishnetwork, NHL coverage is back April 22nd"

Great, now I get expanded cable installed 2 days ago and downgrade Dish to limited I might as well just leave it now till the playoffs are over. My dad is excited I just called him. GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is going to happen, it will happen by tomorrow. Charlie will have stalled OLN and gotten his best deal in time for the playoffs. OLN will have gotten the most they could expect to get from Charile because the value drops after hockey playoff time. OLN know negotiations will die until at least next fall if they don't make a deal now.

This is the most logical time to make a deal ... it will be a win-win situation for both parties!

Wonder how this will affect Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia

my answer is it won't. But hey I would take being wrong this time more than any time in my life.

Hopefully it's coming back to AT120 and hopefully dish will provide the HD feeds as well

I tried to ask Dish why they cannot use more than 1 HD feed at a time on 9465, 9466 and 9467, right now it's just 3 channels all mirrored. Isn't that TP a 8psk where they CAN do 2 HD channels? Especially when the stupid Mavs games take up all 3 channels last night.

It is a 8psk TP, but there are already three video feeds on it. HDPPV/HDEvents/NFLHD/NBAHD share one, and the other two are HBOHD and TNTHD. So, only one program can be active on those sharing channels .

I found this on another website (screen cap), looks like OLN is definitely coming back!

OLN to RETURN to Dish Network

OLN to Return to Dish Network?

Looks like OLN might be coming back to Dish just in time for the Stanley Cup Playoffs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Please reply by conversation.