Any Word On Setanta Sport??

Well here is the US schedule for EPL matches::)

2006-2007 English Premier League (EPL)

Updated August 4, 2005

FOX Sports International (FSI) has sublicensed US and Canadian TV rights to an average of approximately 4 2006-2007 English Premier League (EPL) matches each week to Setanta Sports North America.

In the United States, FOX Soccer Channel and Setanta Sports USA will divide the 2006-2007 EPL season as follows:

* Saturdays at 7:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
* Saturdays at 10am ET: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st and 3rd picks, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd and 4th picks
* Saturdays at 12noon ET: FOX Soccer Channel
* Sundays at 8:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
* Sundays at 11am ET: FOX Soccer Channel
* Mondays at 3pm ET: FOX Soccer Channel
* Tuesdays-Fridays: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st pick, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd pick

The EPL will no longer air via pay-per-view in the US.

Any more news on Setanta Sports on Dish?

According to soccerustv.com:

FOX Sports International (FSI) has sublicensed US and Canadian TV rights to an average of approximately 4 2006-2007 English Premier League (EPL) matches each week to Setanta Sports North America.

In the United States, FOX Soccer Channel and Setanta Sports USA will divide the 2006-2007 EPL season as follows:

Saturdays at 7:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
Saturdays at 10am ET: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st and 3rd picks, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd and 4th picks
Saturdays at 12noon ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Sundays at 8:30am ET: Setanta Sports USA
Sundays at 11am ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Mondays at 3pm ET: FOX Soccer Channel
Tuesdays-Fridays: Setanta Sports USA has the 1st pick, FOX Soccer Channel has the 2nd pick
The EPL will no longer air via pay-per-view in the US.

Seems like they have first choice to 4 English Premier games a week,Dish needs to add this channel asap, the new season starts in 2 weeks. Does anyone have more info on this?

I signed up for the Latino bonus pack just in case some UEFA Cup or Champions League games are shown on any of the Spanish sports channels. I'm still hoping that DISH will add Setanta shortly. I'd considered installing DirecTV in addition to DISH, but I decided that it wouldn't be worth the money, or trouble, for just that one channel no matter how badly I want it.

SummitAdvantageRetailer said:
DISH, are you listening? Please add it before the start of the EPL season! You only have days left... Make us happy please.

I second this........ I subbed to their broadband service but would gladly ditch that in favor of Dish Channel. I e-mailed & got the standard canned response.

And of course, all letters to them right now stating the new information simply get the canned response of "we're looking into it but can't comment on on-going negotiations".

Blah, blah, blah... just give me my damned football on Setanta!!

Simon Green, the CEO and President of Setanta North America was on World Soccer Daily's Tuesday broadcast and was asked point blank about the status of negotiations between Setanta and Dish Network.

Green responded that they were not able to announce to Dish until last week that they were going to have Premier League matches and therefore their negotiating position changes now that the Premier League package is official. He stated that they would like to be on Dish as soon as possible and that Dish is well aware of the Premiership's popularity and that Setanta is definitely using the Premiership as a carrot to work out an agreement with Dish Network.

When asked about when a deal might happen (this season or next?), Green stated that this is mostly in the hands of Dish Network, but a dialogue has been started recently and that he believes that they will conclude an agreement with Dish, but he did not want to foretell something that is really in the hands of Dish Network.

And that's the latest update with regards to Dish Network and Setanta. Hopefully Dish gets off their duff and adds the channel soon. After all, football season starts for real in less than 2 weeks.

I sure hope they add this to the Top 180 and not make it a pay channel like it is on Direct TV. If they did make it a pay channel that would pretty much kill it.

Mr_Crowley said:
I sure hope they add this to the Top 180 and not make it a pay channel like it is on Direct TV. If they did make it a pay channel that would pretty much kill it.
The top 180 package already has two soccer channels FSC and Goltv. They should add it to a lower package like the top 120.

Considering that the channel alone costs $15 per month on DirecTV, I highly doubt that they will be adding it to the Top Anything.

The price went up with Setanta's acquisition of Premiership matches. Got to pay the bills, ya know?

Granted, If they made it a $0.50 per month channel, or even $0.25 per month, they'd probably generate more revenue being in the Top 180 in subscriber fees than they would as an a la carte channel. But I'll be happy to get them no matter what the means.

EvilEuro said:
Considering that the channel alone costs $15 per month on DirecTV, I highly doubt that they will be adding it to the Top Anything.

The price went up with Setanta's acquisition of Premiership matches. Got to pay the bills, ya know?

Granted, If they made it a $0.50 per month channel, or even $0.25 per month, they'd probably generate more revenue being in the Top 180 in subscriber fees than they would as an a la carte channel. But I'll be happy to get them no matter what the means.

I have to think they would be a la carte although I thought that it was $11.99 on D*..... Now here is a thought how about a soccer package for say $15 that included FSC, GolTV & setanta, now that my friend would indeed be money.

The channel will probably be going up to $15.00/month for everyone, in mid-September. This from an interview with a Setanta on Sirius/Podcast Show: World Soccer Daily.

That's too bad. Not the best way to sell a sport or a niche sport (in this country at least) for that matter. Oh well, we still have FSC and Gol TV.

After seeing that Setanta will have the first 2 Man United games, I definitely want this channel. It would suck to have to pay $15 a month, but I can skip a meal now and again to see every Premier League game I want during the season. If anyone hears any updated news on this channel and E* please post it.

Thanks for your update Euro Devil. FSC can't be happy with Setanta taking half of the goods.

One more thing. My friend has Setanta and he told me they have many Celtic matches on PPV via Setanta. Does anyone know about this? I would be pissed if I paid $11-$15 a month, and had to pay PPV fees to see certain matches.

mr_snerdly said:
After seeing that Setanta will have the first 2 Man United games, I definitely want this channel. It would suck to have to pay $15 a month, but I can skip a meal now and again to see every Premier League game I want during the season. If anyone hears any updated news on this channel and E* please post it.

Thanks for your update Euro Devil. FSC can't be happy with Setanta taking half of the goods.

One more thing. My friend has Setanta and he told me they have many Celtic matches on PPV via Setanta. Does anyone know about this? I would be pissed if I paid $11-$15 a month, and had to pay PPV fees to see certain matches.

FSC and Setanta actually have a pretty symbiotic relationship. I've heard the Setanta guys a few times and this is very much something they're doing in conjunction with Fox Soccer Channel and not in spite of them.

$15 per month for Setanta would end up giving your more programming and still cost over $100 less per year than subscribing to the Premier League PPV package alone, which was $299 last year. Plus they're carrying the Dutch Eredivisie which I always want to watch but haven't seen on TV in a long time, as well as other sports.

Most important though is the additional Champions League matches that they cover, giving an additional live match to augment ESPN2's coverage plus delayed coverage of the other matches on each match day.

I read somewhere in one of the local LA newspapers that Setanta has approximately 4,000 subscribers on DirecTV as an a la carte channel. I would offer the channel to Dish Network for $0.10 per sub if I were Setanta and see if you could get Dish to put them on the Top 60 or Top 120 package. Even at a dime per customer on the Top 180 they'd make significantly more money than the $60,000 per month they're making from having a piddly 4,000 subs on DirecTV. Heck, 1/2 the Dish subscriber base at $0.10 per customer is still $600,000 per month.

Regardless, I want the channel and I want it badly since I know they're going to take a ton of Manchester United matches. I can watch Watford for Ben Foster in goal (Utd player on loan) or Reading for Bobby Convey on the flanks... but I really want my Manchester United, my Champions League football and my Aussie Rules and Super 14 matches.

Damn it, just give me Setanta already!

I just saw this also. I'm not certain, but you may be thinking of ITV (of course I could easily be wrong). ITVN is apparently a new service that transmits programming through Broadband (IP) direct to a settop box that hooks into your TV.

Some of the posters on BS have ordered it. I'm curious about the quality, the kind of speed you need if you're using a wireless router or AP and, most importantly, what "flavor" of Setanta you get. Some are wondering if it's just the Broadband service (which doesn't include EPL) or if it is truly Setanta North America, just sent over the wire. In particular there is no mention of EPL on the ITVN website.

=NLK=

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts