Anybody else find SWM unreliable?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You need to hit the Exit button and hope, I had that happen before as well, I think the exit button would get you out of the Searching menu and you would then have a SS and a Reset option to work with.
Might have been the Exit , then Menu, can't remember for sure.

Thanks Jimbo! Indeed it's the Menu button that gets out of it -- but the trick is that you have to wait until the "Receiving Satellite Info" screen goes away and then gets replaced by the black screen and the "Searching for Signal" message. Press Menu at that point and you get an abbreviated menu where you can Repeat Satellite Setup. Just did that and it's working. Now gotta do the other machine ...

Thanks again! I don't know that I would have stumbled across that.

Thanks Jimbo! Indeed it's the Menu button that gets out of it -- but the trick is that you have to wait until the "Receiving Satellite Info" screen goes away and then gets replaced by the black screen and the "Searching for Signal" message. Press Menu at that point and you get an abbreviated menu where you can Repeat Satellite Setup. Just did that and it's working. Now gotta do the other machine ...

Thanks again! I don't know that I would have stumbled across that.

You are correct and I forgot to mention that you needed to wait for it to time out first, sorry. :eek:

Also, if you don't KNOW you need to wait it out, you'll sit there and scratch your head, it sux if you miss the correct button and have to start waiting all over again, this happened to me when trying to figure it out the first time ....

You are correct and I forgot to mention that you needed to wait for it to time out first, sorry. :eek:

Oh, no need to apologize -- you gave me all the information I needed. You are most certainly an invaluable person to have around here -- a true fountain of information!

Oh, no need to apologize -- you gave me all the information I needed. You are most certainly an invaluable person to have around here -- a true fountain of information!

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

Just trying to help, I don't always have the right answer, but generally try to help with things that I have done myself.

If there's something I haven't done, I try to leave the question to someone that has.

Glad I could help !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)