Anybody heard of this?

rvrman

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2009
Cincinnaati OH
Yesterday I made an upgrade appt w/ Dish for this Monday.
Thru chat I requested twice that I wanted a VIP722K (along with Sling Adapter). Not a standard 722.
Chat took the order and my $$$.
My email confirmation just came in showing 722.
I just called them and csr says the 722 is a lease item but if I want the 722K I need to shell out $450. Purchase only dvr.

What gives??
Thanks
Vent Vent Vent:confused::confused::confused:

Wait until the installer shows up tomorrow. If he/she doesn't have what you want, then get pissed and refuse the service until you get what you want.

I wouldn't sweat it until your installer gets to your place

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

When I got my 211k installed the other day, the installers truck was filled with 722K receivers, didnt notice any regular 722 receivers.

When I got my 211k installed the other day, the installers truck was filled with 722K receivers, didnt notice any regular 722 receivers.
Exact opposite over here last month. Only 722's on the truck. Not only that but they had no 722k's at the warehouse or on the other trucks.
I kept my existing 722k. :)

Ok.. you all have convinced me to wait. Unfortunately Frank7004 I'm already pissed:)
The clown csr made it sound like there weren't any 722ks out there to be had.
Now Monday can't come soon enough! Thanks guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
To be continued.....

722ks are more common now as opposed to 722s, so I wouldn't be concerned about that. If you have any problems, you can always PM us here on the DIRT team and we will see how we can resolve any concerns or issues you may have.

I just called them and csr says the 722 is a lease item but if I want the 722K I need to shell out $450. Purchase only dvr.

What gives??
Thanks
Vent Vent Vent:confused::confused::confused:

As is so often the case, I feel there is more to the story. When I see you post $450, either you misunderstood, or there is more going on........

As is so often the case, I feel there is more to the story. When I see you post $450, either you misunderstood, or there is more going on........
Uh NO! I didn't misunderstand and there is no more to the story.
He said the standard 722 was the dvr they leased and the 722K was a ALL UP FRONT PURCHASE ONLY.
Not my first rodeo Tampa8!

For leasing DISH classes a 722 and a 722K as the same receiver. I think you were told if you specifically wanted a 722K the only way to get that model is to buy it.

For leasing DISH classes a 722 and a 722K as the same receiver. I think you were told if you specifically wanted a 722K the only way to get that model is to buy it.

Yes, this is what I think, and why I said there was a misunderstanding. When everyone else who gets a 722K isn't paying $450, why wouldn't I think there was more to the story or a misunderstanding?? I have been here and had Dish since the beginning of these forums, and before, so this isn't my first rodeo either. You came here to publicly get an answer to a situation and I gave one. You could have simply called back and asked a different CSR and try to confirm if you understood correctly what you were told.

Last edited:
This was gone over in depth with this csr. It was not a quickie phone call. However...this particular csr stated that the 722 was THE ONLY leased rec. ALL 722Ks had to be purchased up front. I was told and I quote - "sir there is no way anybody can get a 722K without buying it up front".
I have since gotten this handled. I was called back by the same csr who said he was mistaken and that the installer would indeed be bringing a 722K out to me Monday. Time will tell. Thanks again to ALL that responded.
No offense Tampa8. :)

This was gone over in depth with this csr. It was not a quickie phone call. However...this particular csr stated that the 722 was THE ONLY leased rec. ALL 722Ks had to be purchased up front. I was told and I quote - "sir there is no way anybody can get a 722K without buying it up front".
I have since gotten this handled. I was called back by the same csr who said he was mistaken and that the installer would indeed be bringing a 722K out to me Monday. Time will tell. Thanks again to ALL that responded.
No offense Tampa8. :)
Not sure but thought the sling didn't work with anything but the 722k. Nice he called you back though and told you he was wrong.

A CSR admitting a mistake. Rare event, I'd wager.

The Sling Adapter works with both the ViP722 & the ViP722k.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts