Anybody know the dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

fireball517

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 21, 2019
East TN
Was watching possibly one of the greatest shows of all time and stumbled onto Season 1 Episode 4. Anybody know what we're looking at?
Screenshot_20191229-111959_dailymotion.jpeg
Screenshot_20191229-111202_dailymotion.jpeg

I can't make out the print on the weather cover, but it is same color and style as ORBITRON. 12 panels with separate insertion of each mesh piece. It's either an SX-8.5 (100 inches) or if larger, could be the export 12 panel version of a 9-1/2 foot model known as the S-10. Some of the latter may have been sold in the Los Angeles, New York and Miami markets. Both had a buttonhook design. The weather cover could also have been a Skyvision type, shipped with this Orbitron dish.

I can't make out the print on the weather cover, but it is same color and style as ORBITRON. 12 panels with separate insertion of each mesh piece. It's either an SX-8.5 (100 inches) or if larger, could be the export 12 panel version of a 9-1/2 foot model known as the S-10. Some of the latter may have been sold in the Los Angeles, New York and Miami markets. Both had a buttonhook design. The weather cover could also have been a Skyvision type, shipped with this Orbitron dish.
I was also struggling with the cover. Looks almost like the first letter is a M the the next capitalized is a D. McSomething maybe?

Also, came across orbitcommunications website and it made me wonder, is there any programming left the can be sold to us? Only one I've really known is HITS and that was before my interest in sats.

I was also struggling with the cover. Looks almost like the first letter is a M the the next capitalized is a D. McSomething maybe?

Also, came across orbitcommunications website and it made me wonder, is there any programming left the can be sold to us? Only one I've really known is HITS and that was before my interest in sats.
After watching the scene on the internet several times (poor quality) it appears to be McDermott on the lnb cover. Don't know what that might be a reference to? :what

Reactions: fireball517

Much better picture, I believe you hit it on the head, I can't find anything on it either. Looking through the crew of the show to see if maybe it's a name from somebody on set.

EDIT: Maybe this is a step in the right direction? SatPro.tv and also McDermott International — Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Cases — PETITION

Reactions: FTA4PA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)