Anybody own a VIZIO VP50 plasma?

Well, I brought the TV home on Monday. I can't believe how much better a picture it has over the Vizio 37 inch LCD that I upgraded from. And I thought that the 37 had a great picture. So far, I'm quite pleased with the purchase.
As long as your happy that's all that matters.........

I bought the 50 inch VP504 Full HD 1080p last month from Sam's and I love it since day one! Beautiful set and quality and excellent deal!

I have now seen it all; comparing a car and a tv. From having a retail background, I can tell you that tv's are shipped for display purposes; that is, brighter settings so that it looks "great" on a sales floor. Therefore, basic logic say's right off the bat that you need to tweak the setting either through professional calibration or a dvd such as Avia. As for cars, they ship and are sold; end of story; no tewaking except for hated seats, sound systems, etc.

Yep, they're shipped to look "good" in flourescent hell. And isn't the point of calibrating to match the set with the surroundings and conditions under which it will be viewed? So even if a company "wanted" to ship them pre-calibrated (& I've seen some that claim to do so), how could they know what settings work for your situation?

I don't like the need for calibrating, but I see it's value. Of course, I haven't finished calibrating my 61" JVC LCoS set with DVE because I haven't figured out which setting on the JVC corresponds to sharpness and contrast. And the professional guys can access settings that you & I normally can't. I've dithered over getting mine professionally calibrated, and will probably continue to do so indefinitely, as my wife is disinclined to it.

How you get the low price ? I see it's for $1,383.00 now.

That's the 1080 one. Pricing for the 720 ("768") one is not available unless you pick a store with it in stock, or get to see where you can order it online for delivery. Per the web site: "Pricing and availability varies by area. " So you have to pick a store to get a price on many items. None of the stores anywhere near me have the 720 version available. But you can order it online for delivery now for $989.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)