Anyone dealt with the new D11-500?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dragontat002

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2005
TN/GA Border
Just got a shipment in today, very cool looking receiver made by Humax.......kinda has the same styling as the R15 will have (which coincidentaly will be made by Humax as well). Also has a USB port in the back that is for "Future Use" of course......Very cool looking receiver....although the software seems to be the same....actually closely modeled toward the D10-200 from what i can tell.

The D11-500 is a new basic receiver that replaces the D10. The major reason for the D11 is to be compatible with the upcoming 5 LNB Plus antenna dish system.

The -500 indicates the manufacturer code, and you are correct, -500 is Humax.

-Robert

Here's a dumb question: If I'm running a D10, how do I eventually upgrade to the D11, since I'll be getting a 5 LNB once I move into a house...?

hancox said:

Incorrect.

The 5 LNB dish is useless unless you want to get HD signals.
The new satellites only broadcast HD signals.
The R15 can't now, and won't ever, record HD signals.

Thus, there's no reason for the R15 to support the 5 LNB dish at all.

H

There's a big difference between "compatable" and "needs." Will it work with it? Yes. Will it need it for any programming whatsoever? No.

So does anyone know if this SD box has a MPEG4 decoder in it? Might show if D* has plans to move some SD programming to MPEG4.

Oh duh!

Sorry, it's been a long day at work.

Any chance for some pictures of the D11-500?

I'm still waiting for anyone to post pics of the new 5-LNB dish once it gets released.

I have been installing the D11-500 the past week or so...they are pretty cool. The customers seem to like the style...

urnote96 said:
I have been installing the D11-500 the past week or so...they are pretty cool. The customers seem to like the style...

So I have to go through directv themselves to get them? or does a place like ValueElectronics have them?

Hogarth said:
The new satellites only broadcast HD signals.H

How does a satellite know, or how is it setup, to ONLY broadcast HD signals? It should just be an encoded datastream that could be anything or any type of audio or video? I mean are you really saying that this is the ONLY thing that can ever sent across these birds, or are you saying this is all DirecTV PLANS to send even thought these birds can handle any other types of signals?

urnote96 said:
Who is the source DSI, P-10 or directly from Directv? :)

actually i have 10 of these on my truck they are pretty nice but they look like a reg d-10 i know tv is doing software updates on all d10-200 and 300 for the interactive stuff

Yeah i like the look of the d11's but they are kinda slow to setup....i mean i could do a d10-300 in about 2 minutes or less while the d11 is the same as the d10-100 kinda slow and you have to go through the steps 1-9 ....kinda slow to me....

urnote96 said:
Yeah i like the look of the d11's but they are kinda slow to setup....i mean i could do a d10-300 in about 2 minutes or less while the d11 is the same as the d10-100 kinda slow and you have to go through the steps 1-9 ....kinda slow to me....

I agree.

D11 Receiver and Low Speed Dataport connection?

I'm a consumer vs. alll of "you" pros. I just received the D11 in the mail. I am hoping to put in my motorhome to replace the old standard issue Direct TV receiver from a couple of years ago which does not have the low speed data port.

The D11 has a USB port that is labled in the doc as "for future use". I found an installer PDF (I can't post a URL yet but found it by searing google for D11 and DirecTv) that indicates the D11 USB port will accept a USB-Serial adapter and data port commands.

What I don't know is if it will communicate with the KVH TracVision L2 Satellite over this low speed connection. Wondering if anyone else knows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)