Anyone else get Windows 8?

Ok desktop went ok so far. My first impression.....I like it, all these sooth sayers must be apple fans. I can do everything I could do on windows 7. I'm sure I will run into a bug sooner or later, but as of now...working just fine.

SSDs are amazing, takes roughly 5 seconds to go from the end of BIOS to the login screen, and within 3-4 seconds of that I had IE open and was able to click around msn.com. Makes the PC feel more like an appliance rather than a desktop computer.

I'm going to clone my Desktop drive before installing in case I do not like... wonder how this would work on Starter 7 on a netbook...

I don't see why it would not run just fine. Go to their website and run the compatibility checker they have first though.

Oh yes for sure make a clone, I was just saying it should work. You know after I made that post I thought of your video editing, and that is why I came back to this thread but see you already mentioned that. For sure check it out. If you do decide to install Win8, it will check all your installed software to see if they jive with each other. Having said that though I have seen things say its ok, but when you run it you run into problems..;)

Already upgrading my main PC no issues did the digital download went real smooth. Web sites have already move their sites over to the Win 8 looks like MSN site has a Win 8 site up and running which looks really good if your running Win 8. So far the Apps run well they have many of the main Apps already they seem to work really well. For $40 bucks can't beat that do get the download so give it a try.. Oh from my understanding sounds like Best Buy and Staples will not start getting most of the new tablets,UltraBooks,Laptops,PC until next week. I plan on getting the wife one of the new Samsung Tabs Smart PC Pro or one of the Asus. :)

The download version will create an ISO for you, I just burned that to a CD, and am using that CD for all my installs.
All I needed from the separate purchases were the product keys.

Will it all fit on a CD or did you mean DVD?

I would love to get windows 8 but my ar5007 eg wifi chip wont work with windows 8, it worked with the 1st release of windows 8, but the second one there was no driver for it, until I know for sure that it will work, I cant do anything as I dont want to run a cat5 cable to where I am, and I dont want to buy another wifi adapter.

Another option to consider. The download will also do an install on removable media, so if you want, you can install it on a thumbdrive for install.

I considered that, but instead put it onto a DVD, as almost all computer can boot off a DVD and not all will do that from a thumb drive.

REALLY liking the windows 8 live tiles! its nice to be able to see pictures of my family spinning around updated, also love reading tweets and weather info all without really doing too much to get in and out of a program! I could really really enjoy this.

REALLY liking the windows 8 live tiles! its nice to be able to see pictures of my family spinning around updated, also love reading tweets and weather info all without really doing too much to get in and out of a program! I could really really enjoy this.

It is one reason I enjoyed the windows phone platform as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)