anyone else invited to become a dtv insider?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
i got an email tuesday from dtv inviting me to become a dtv insider to provide feedback and see things in advance. i joined but i was wondering if anyone else here was asked. thanks.

Yes, some of us staff when they launched the program actually. Then they deleted our accounts and removed us in yet another way they show their sole partnership with one internet forum. But hey, when you only want positive feedback, that's the way to get it. Get rid of people that see it anyway but their way.

Yes, some of us staff when they launched the program actually. Then they deleted our accounts and removed us in yet another way they show their sole partnership with one internet forum. But hey, when you only want positive feedback, that's the way to get it. Get rid of people that see it anyway but their way.
Same here...

so j, you saying the insiders group likes the dbs talk crowd? yikes.

scott, are you still a member?

iceturkee said:
so j, you saying the insiders group likes the dbs talk crowd? yikes.

scott, are you still a member?

I am not a member no. But I have someone in my family that didn't get the boot. ;)

Jeez, I guess nobody loves me! I never got asked to join....:( :D

I told them to delete my account once I realized that all they really wanted was approval for what they were already planning on doing. Its about 90% dbstalkers and the rest seem to be random customers.

My opinion of it after a few weeks of participating was that someone in the ivory tower got an edict to communicate more closely with key customers and create a forum for discussion. Whether they chose to invite only the fanboys or it just worked out that way isnt certain.

Further, the web site is run under directv's site and uses the same sort of forum s/w that their tech forum uses, which is to say it'd be cool and feature packed if it were 1995. It was almost impossible to navigate and look for new posts on a particular topic.

Then they decided that they'd pepper you with polls that you had to answer before you could proceed to the forum posts. I got nailed with four multiple page ones and was fed up with it at that point.

I was invited the first time, spent some time there....
Really didn't care for the layout and the fact you had to do a poll in order to get to a forum ....
It was hard to navigate.

Then they booted most of us, for no apparent reason.

Have not been invited back yet, so far.
Not sure if I would go back, but it would be nice to have an inside look at what is going on with D* provided you get any inside info.
Depends on WHO is actually running the show.

As for SC getting the boot, thats comical, seeing there are already D* employees running the forum in the first place.

My problem is, if what I have heard is correct, that they ask your opinion of something they are planning on doing, then when the vast majority say they don't like it, they do it anyway and basically say tough turkey. What's the point of asking opinions?

While I am employee, the problem is I ma not considered part of that "group" so unless I sat there and kissed ass which i am not going to do I could not be part of the group hence why i cant be there. Which nothing on the tos said i could not be an employee but i got yelled at for it.

My problem is, if what I have heard is correct, that they ask your opinion of something they are planning on doing, then when the vast majority say they don't like it, they do it anyway and basically say tough turkey. What's the point of asking opinions?

You mean like when they asked about charging for MRV and everyone went batshit and said no, because its free with many other providers and the head of marketing insisted that they charge for it. When he was shown the proof that they dont, he lipped up and went ahead with the pay-for-it plan anyhow.

Hell, even the dbstalk fanboys polled something like 80% feeling that a charge was unfair.

So between not really listening and booting off a lot of people, I think they just want to have it in place because they were told to do it or so they can use it as PR. I dont think it has a real function.

You mean like when they asked about charging for MRV and everyone went batshit and said no, because its free with many other providers and the head of marketing insisted that they charge for it. When he was shown the proof that they dont, he lipped up and went ahead with the pay-for-it plan anyhow.

Hell, even the dbstalk fanboys polled something like 80% feeling that a charge was unfair.

So between not really listening and booting off a lot of people, I think they just want to have it in place because they were told to do it or so they can use it as PR. I dont think it has a real function.

Yeah just like that. From what I have heard anyway.;)

I'm positive they didn't just pick people that give them positive feedback. How much of the information they use is up to them....no one is forced to participate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)