Anyone ever got their reciever fee waived?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HBKbiggestfan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 16, 2006
Tomorrow Im getting another reciever installed. I will be relocating one and getting a new one as well. That means where i will be relocating one of the recievers, another will be getting booted out of that room. I would like to add relocate that reciever to my other bedroom except I want to avoid paying yet another additional reciever fee of 4.99. I already pay 2 reciever fees ($10/mo.) And paying $15/mo. so I can have another would be a rediculous. Can i call retention and see if i can have it relocated as well tomorrow with no additional monthly fee?

Last edited:
whaat?

if you have 3 receiver you'll pay 9.98, 4 receivers = 14.97

Why do you think you deserve a freebie or hand out for adding a receiver, it doesnt work that way...

No, I'll have 4 total reciever (3 of them being additional=4.99x3=$14.97 or basically $15/mo.) and i was wondering because when you add recievers the money really starts to add up every month. I would still pay for the other to additional, but I would hope to get the 3rd fee waived just as a compliment for my loyalty to D*. I think it is viable, but I don't think it is waive-able. It's "static" is was told?

okay, well I do want some sort of "freebie". When i asked about the HD DVR they offered me one for $299 after credit and rebate. Plus they offered me a $5 credit on my bill for 12 months and HBO and Shotime FREE for 6 months. Without ordering anything how could I convince them to let me have the $5 credit and/or HBO/Shotime? It can be difficult to get a CSR who knows what they are talking about and friendly at the same time!

vurbano said:
does cable charge a mirror fee?

in a way , yes.

if you have 3 hd boxes with comcrap you would pay 5.00 for the 1st and 10.00 for each of the other two. at least in the pitts pa dma

To add to that in a way, with my local Comcast if I want premium channels (that I'm paying extra for to begin with) on any of my SD sets I need to pay a rental fee for a digital cable receiver also, it just doesn't apply to HD sets.

At this point in time, with cable going to per box fee's also (and the cable boxes required for more and more channels, premiums, etc) I don't think that the per box rental fee's are going away anytime soon.

Leased equipment should not have the additional fee. Especially since they will be getting it back.

HBKbiggestfan said:
Leased equipment should not have the additional fee. Especially since they will be getting it back.
Actually it is called a lease fee instead of a mirroring fee when you are leasing equipment. If you don't like the fee don't lease the equipment it is really that simple.:)

fkostyn said:
At this point in time, with cable going to per box fee's also (and the cable boxes required for more and more channels, premiums, etc) I don't think that the per box rental fee's are going away anytime soon.
Ah now I remember. Its been awhile since I had cable. There are no lease fees or mirror fees for many cable customers. I remember having basic and extended tiers with no box at all. Eventually these ridiculous fees will have to end.

boba said:
Actually it is called a lease fee instead of a mirroring fee when you are leasing equipment. If you don't like the fee don't lease the equipment it is really that simple.:)

I think he's referring to the up front cost such as the $499 they want to lease you a HR10-250... They should just charge more monthly or something to lessen the blow...

Only way to avoid monthly box fees with a cable provider is to run analog only channels. Here in Oklahoma, the cheapest box rental is $5.50/mo. The HD/DVR combo unit box is $9.95/mo, which IMO is friggin crazy! And just FYI, they also charge a $4.95/mo charge for DVR service.

I just subscribed to D* this weekend, but I will save a minimum of $20/mo. For 3 months I will save $35/mo and for 15 months I will save $30/mo.

So yeah, mirror fees suck but it could be worse. When compared to the local pig, you save no matter what receiver you use. Of course, you have heard the saying "the squeaky wheel gets oiled first". I imagine if you give D* enough hassle, then you could probably get them to waive the fee, or give you a credit of somesort to compensate for waiving of the fee.

logixrat said:
Only way to avoid monthly box fees with a cable provider is to run analog only channels. Here in Oklahoma, the cheapest box rental is $5.50/mo. The HD/DVR combo unit box is $9.95/mo, which IMO is friggin crazy! And just FYI, they also charge a $4.95/mo charge for DVR service.

I just subscribed to D* this weekend, but I will save a minimum of $20/mo. For 3 months I will save $35/mo and for 15 months I will save $30/mo.

So yeah, mirror fees suck but it could be worse. When compared to the local pig, you save no matter what receiver you use. Of course, you have heard the saying "the squeaky wheel gets oiled first". I imagine if you give D* enough hassle, then you could probably get them to waive the fee, or give you a credit of somesort to compensate for waiving of the fee.

hd dvr b ox adds 14.99 for the first box 9.99 for the box and a 5.oo fee for the hd pak and then an additional 9.95 a box here. in my case that would be 64.00 for cable boxes or the 20.00 mirroe fee plus the hd pack so 30 compared to over 60.00

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Warranty replaced unit subject to lease or commitment?

? about my Local HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)