Anyone getting LA/Colorado Game on 95??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

lou_do

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 2, 2005
Central Maine
Is anyone getting the King/Avalanche game on 95? I subscribe to CI and I have gotten all other games that were on 95(National Channel) all year. Looks like someone at D* goofed. I have the SD version on 771, from FSN West. Is it possible that the 95 broadcast is Altitude Broadcast? I just checked their schedule and it shows a basketball game and no hockey.

Just talked to D* and they traced the problem back to the feed from the NHL. It is a system wide problem. They are working to correct it, but game will probably be over before it get fixed.

Just talked to D* and they traced the problem back to the feed from the NHL. It is a system wide problem. They are working to correct it, but game will probably be over before it get fixed.

I didn't get the game either. I don't believe it was an NHL problem because the standard feed was available via CI. My guess is that the wizards at D* saw the name "Kings" in the display and thought it was Sacramento NBA game and pushed the button to "black out" everyone that wasn't an NBA subscriber! Maybe far-fetched, but nothing surprises me anymore.

I didn't get the game either. I don't believe it was an NHL problem because the standard feed was available via CI. My guess is that the wizards at D* saw the name "Kings" in the display and thought it was Sacramento NBA game and pushed the button to "black out" everyone that wasn't an NBA subscriber! Maybe far-fetched, but nothing surprises me anymore.
That is a logical answer, but they did tell me that it was showing on their screen as a 721 (No Subscription) also, same as I was getting. They said it was something coming down the line in the feed from the supplier. They also said occasionally the signal gets supplied to them with a PPV code inserted instead of a subscription one.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has the NBA package, and doesn't subscribe to CI, got it. Now that you mention it, I think there was a basketball game on 95 before the hockey game came on.

That is a logical answer, but they did tell me that it was showing on their screen as a 721 (No Subscription) also, same as I was getting. They said it was something coming down the line in the feed from the supplier. They also said occasionally the signal gets supplied to them with a PPV code inserted instead of a subscription one.

It would be interesting to see if anyone who has the NBA package, and doesn't subscribe to CI, got it. Now that you mention it, I think there was a basketball game on 95 before the hockey game came on.

I have only seen the 721 error when it's a blackout, or if it's a premium channel that you are not subscribed to. The last time there was an NHL problem there was just a black screen, no 721 reference saying channel not purchased.

While my idea may not be too far fetched, it is definitely possible. The people at D* don't know the difference between a hockey puck and a pound of chocolate... thinking the Kings were the Sacramento Kings is could happen. Also, the two examples you noted are definitely possible (having it coded as PPV and/or not turning off the restriction from the NBA game.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)