Anyone getting OTA from 40-50 miles with stealth?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

asearls

Original poster
Mar 19, 2004
Just wondering as most of my hd ota is roughly from that distance. My install is scheduled for this morning, i could hardly sleep last night from all the anticipation. Felt like a kid at Christmas. Wish me luck. :D

Unless you live in totally flat country and your towers are broadcasting a pretty strong signal, that's a long way for a stealth. The amp might help. Over 35 miles though, and I thought they automatically upgraded you to the "better" antenna.

Yeah, i tried calling the installation company yesterday and they left a message saying that I could only get about 2 stations; however the zap2it guide lists roughly 12 channels and antennaweb shows that most of the towers are 45-50 miles from me. I asked if they could just bring the extra antenna but the receptionist said voom had to authorize this first. Oh well guess they don't mind making hour long drives to come back.

i quess fl is flat - 12th week of install, stock steal w/amp & diplexor single line run 60 mi to orlando antenna farm 7 viewable doesn't include radar, religious, stuff, say goodbye to D*.

asearls,

Neither of the two antennas typically supplied by VOOM are particularly good performers. My advice would be to buy your own antenna, and have the installer use it if the one they bring still proves inadequate. If AntennaWeb shows that all of your digital broadcasts (or all the ones you want to watch) have a frequency assignment in the UHF band (>13), then an antenna like the Channel Master 4228 or 4221 would be a good choice. The 4221 can be had for about $20, plus $10-$15 shipping, so it's not a fortune out of your pocket. The larger 4228 runs about $40-$45.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)