Anyone have a release date for the HopperGo?

Brodieb

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 1, 2009
Maryville, MO
Anyone?...

With summer vacations on the way I was hoping to find a release date - everything from CES says "first quarter 2016".

I am wondering as well. Just did some traveling recently with more on the way this Summer and would be nice when the family is along.

With the death of the GenieGO and DTV trying to switch to a system similar to Dish currently, I wouldn't be surprised if it died in the water.

They need to make it updatabase (meaning add/transfer shows) over the internet.

Seems odd we can watch shows from anywhere but not download them. (Ooh, wonder if that's what the beta is). Gotta go. :)

I'm GUESSING thanks to an error on slings part that it is being beta tested as we speak so MAYBE in a month or 2.

Last edited:
They need to make it updatabase (meaning add/transfer shows) over the internet.

Seems odd we can watch shows from anywhere but not download them. (Ooh, wonder if that's what the beta is). Gotta go. :)

I'm GUESSING thanks to an error on slings part that it is being beta tested as we speak so MAYBE in a month or 2.
Likely a DRM issue.

Dish's TV channel for advertising is finally showing the "real" Hopper 3 (this one has 16 tuners), as well as the Voice Remote AND the HopperGO.

I looked around for a release date, but oddly got a weather report instead. Something about someplace freezing over.

I, for one, hope they don't kill it. I have taken a new job that takes me out of the house for 1 or 2 weeks at a time. When I get back for 3 days it's not enough time to catch up on all the recorded shows. Having a Hopper Go, would allow me to transfer them to the GO and I can watch them while in the hotel room (some hotels have Internet slower than trolley cars, so reasonable streaming is not an option). If the GO allowed me to transfer the shows, watch them, delete the ones I watched and then have the option of transferring the ones I haven't watched back then I'd spring for one.

I looked around for a release date, but oddly got a weather report instead. Something about someplace freezing over.
Hmmm, something must have changed recently. Today's forecast looks more inviting:
Screen Shot 2016-05-05 at 9.33.56 AM.png

(I like Google's optimism that you can Save Hell. Or, better yet, send it to your phone!)
(No need to Share your Hell with anyone, though...)

Yes, Summer Vacations are not far away. My plan to upload movies and shows from our Hopper 3 to use out in middle of the lake are starting to look shaky. I guess those low-tech DVDs are still good for something in the Land of No Internet or Cell Service...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)