Anyone have a release date for the HopperGo?

Sorry but if it doesn't have hdmi out then useless to me. I can already download shows to my phone or ipad and watch without internet connection so why do people need this?

The ones that are moved will give a message as to such. HBO is one of the more infamous channels that will not copy due to DRM. Not sure if it is all programming, but it has been every show I have tried from HBO.

The ones that are moved will give a message as to such. HBO is one of the more infamous channels that will not copy due to DRM. Not sure if it is all programming, but it has been every show I have tried from HBO.
Yeah am wondering as people play with it if they see a pattern of other programming beyond the obvious movie channels only allow move vs copy.

Anyone with a HWS or H3 has had the opportunity to see the limitations of the transfer. This is basically a wifi EHD for DA transfers. You can almost do the same exact thing with a tablet or phone and have been able to since 2013.

Reactions: peggy97850
I am watching my I Pad on my tv right now the picture quality resolution is at 1080p. Never new it could that. I get better pq using my I pad over the adapter cable to my tv than I do the hopper hooked up to my main hdtv.

Anyone with a HWS or H3 has had the opportunity to see the limitations of the transfer. This is basically a wifi EHD for DA transfers. You can almost do the same exact thing with a tablet or phone and have been able to since 2013.
Does your phone have enough space to store 100 hours of programming?

That is the big difference.

Reactions: navychop
I knew someone would say it. I meant the physical transfer aspect. My EHD on my computer holds more data then my computer itself holds too...

Can you transfer/copy events that reside on an EHD to the HopperGo directly or do you need to transfer it back to the Hopper first?

I bought it because if I move a show to my phone I must give the kids my phone for them to watch. With it on the HG anyone can watch it and my phone is safe.....

There are benefits to the HG, and I do not want to deter anyone from getting one. The point I am making is that the transfer guidelines are exactly the same. It's basically just a wifi Super EHD for DA. The functionality of it is (its core premise) is the same as it has been for regular transfers since 2013. Is nice that you can store more, and have people connect to it wirelessly. That is the advantage to it, over what was available before.

Does your phone have enough space to store 100 hours of programming?

That is the big difference.
No but my wife's does 128 GB.
My phone has 64 GB, granted it's using about 15 currently, but I could still download 3 or 4 HD movies and that would work just fine.
Considering worst case I could Stream video from free WiFi or even LTE.

IMO it's just a gadget that will appeal to the gadget freak, but vast majority of people have and had been doing this for years already with tablets and phones.
And if a TV has an HDMI port, my phone can also connect to it just the same .
So why carry another device around?

Dish should have had this out in 2013 as Chad already stated.
And by all means if it works for yous that's awesome.
I just don't see the point in my household.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)