Anyone have a release date for the HopperGo?

The point of the HopperGo is so you can watch your previously recorded events without using any mobile data. This also means it works in the middle of nowhere where cellular phones don't have signal.
Plus, you can share between multiple users.

Before the HopperGo, if Jimmy and Janet both wanted to watch the same episode of Sponge Bob, they would have to share the same device since the copy/transfer would only allow one external copy. This way they can both watch on their own screens, totally missing the point of the beautiful outdoors...

I'm curious about the EHD question. I also see they are available to purchase so I may end up answering my own question...

I ordered one from the online dish store last night and got a shipping notification this afternoon. So hopefully I will get it by tuesday or wed. next week.
This device is basically an external hard drive(64gigs\100 hours)that can wirelessly stream shows to mobile devices over wifi using the Dish Anywhere app as the interface.
So if you take it on a plane you will still have to have wifi on to connect to it.
It would be great if it had an hdmi out also. We should see that added in a year or so.
Hopefully it will still leave a copy of the show on the hopper 3 and not remove it.

I ordered one from the online dish store last night and got a shipping notification this afternoon. So hopefully I will get it by tuesday or wed. next week.
This device is basically an external hard drive(64gigs\100 hours)that can wirelessly stream shows to mobile devices over wifi using the Dish Anywhere app as the interface.
So if you take it on a plane you will still have to have wifi on to connect to it.
It would be great if it had an hdmi out also. We should see that added in a year or so.
Hopefully it will still leave a copy of the show on the hopper 3 and not remove it.

Please report your findings when you get it as to what programming allows copy vs move. It's expected movie channels will require move but am curious if any non-movie channel programming requires move vs copy.

I ordered mine yesterday afternoon expedited and got shipping notification today it was shipped UPS Red and should be here Tuesday.
I did standard yesterday and it says 2nd day air. Oddly it says delivery Tuesday as well yet it hasn't even been picked up yet so i'm guessing Wed or even Thursday.

Thanks

Edit: it was scanned in. Now says Wednesday. :( guess i'll take the wife out on the town instead of playing with my HG.

Last edited:
So, it's been a few days now, does everyone who got the HopperGo love it so much that they have no time for the Internet? ;)

So, it's been a few days now, does everyone who got the HopperGo love it so much that they have no time for the Internet? ;)
About to take a 5 hour road trip (10 round trip). I usually listen to music via the Internet but this trip I'm saving that data by storing xm music on the HG.

There's actually a few spots that I lose data so HG will fix that issue as well.

Reactions: Foxbat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts