Anyone having problem with Galaxy 3C?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jy2

Original poster
Oct 30, 2018
Baltimore, MD
Phoenix HK disappeared from Galaxy 3C (95W) last Wednesday. It has been a week. Anyone having the same issue?

CCTV channels work fine, and I still have green light on my tuner for Phoenix HK. Just no signal.

Thanks, Brct203.

Did you actually receive all 3 Phoenix channels? LyngSat does mention 3 Phoenix channels on 12050 H, but I can always receive only one. How do I get the other two?

I am using tbs5922se in Windows Media Center.

Thanks, Brct203.

Did you actually receive all 3 Phoenix channels? LyngSat does mention 3 Phoenix channels on 12050 H, but I can always receive only one. How do I get the other two?

I am using tbs5922se in Windows Media Center.
Are you still receiving one of them? When I checked last night they were all gone

I used to receive all 3 until recently (maybe 2 weeks ago? I don't check those too often). Now i'm not getting any of them. The transponder is still active though, and still carries RCN-2 (not sure what it's for, I only see testing there), and the 12 MTI radio channels. I also get the CCTV transponder as described in Lyngsat.

Are you still receiving one of them? When I checked last night they were all gone

I used to receive all 3 until recently (maybe 2 weeks ago? I don't check those too often). Now i'm not getting any of them. The transponder is still active though, and still carries RCN-2 (not sure what it's for, I only see testing there), and the 12 MTI radio channels. I also get the CCTV transponder as described in Lyngsat.

RCN-2 carries Metropolitan Opera feeds on Saturdays :)

I guess I'll revive this old thread :)
Lost all the CCTV channels on Galaxy 3C yesterday 5 May 2022 around 11:00am EST.
Can anyone confirm this for me ?

Just checked and it is a valid Satellite Guys link as page loads fine. Maybe something blocking it on your end?
EdT, being a new member, won't have access to the "What's Up There" section, so won't be able to see the post.

Anyhow, CGTN mux is on 97w at 12083 V 20758 (NOTE: your scanned in values may be slightly different).

Reactions: EdT
EdT, being a new member, won't have access to the "What's Up There" section, so won't be able to see the post.

Anyhow, CGTN mux is on 97w at 12083 V 20758 (NOTE: your scanned in values may be slightly different).

He registered in December of 2016 but apparently he is 'new' now because he hadn't visited in quite a while. Anyway, you are correct that he must request access to the What's Up There section and I did not even realize it was in WUT when I shared it. Thanks for pointing that out.

After trying for 3 hours still no cigar. I haven't played with my setup for over a decade now so I will have to get back into the swing of things.
I have the following satellites programmed into my Drake 1724 ESR; W2, W3, T4, G7, T6, G3, T5, G4, W4, W1, F1, E2, E1, G9, G5.
Moved it over to T6 and did an Auto Scan scan with my Captive Works Ultima and nothing. Then move it up to G7(W7) and did another scan got like 3 channels for subcription ad. So I am not sure if any of these two are at 97w ?

After trying for 3 hours still no cigar. I haven't played with my setup for over a decade now so I will have to get back into the swing of things.
I have the following satellites programmed into my Drake 1724 ESR; W2, W3, T4, G7, T6, G3, T5, G4, W4, W1, F1, E2, E1, G9, G5.
Moved it over to T6 and did an Auto Scan scan with my Captive Works Ultima and nothing. Then move it up to G7(W7) and did another scan got like 3 channels for subcription ad. So I am not sure if any of these two are at 97w ?
Is G7 the Galaxy 7 satellite? If so, a search showed that one at 96W with a failure in orbit in November 2000. That would put you near 97W if everything is still in alignment.

Reactions: EdT
Is G7 the Galaxy 7 satellite? If so, a search showed that one at 96W with a failure in orbit in November 2000. That would put you near 97W if everything is still in alignment.
Think G7 was, at one time, at 91w, and the scrambled channels EdT got probably were the Wright-Patterson channels, and T6 was at 93w (and nothing is there now). T5 is on the other side of G3, and my searching shows it was at 97w. Ah the old satellite names! It got really confusing once they started moving them around. It was at that time I went by orbital positions rather than satellite names!