Anyone having problem with Galaxy 3C?

Hard to find the specs for the Ku Band LNB, but I did see a Norsat GM-6921 listed as a Standard LNB (with a LO of 10750).
Easy to check, just delete all transponders for 97w, change the LNB from Universal to Standard, blind scan, and compare the channels with the transponders here: Galaxy 19 at 97.0°W - LyngSat
Ok just tried changing LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for T5 (97w) and Blind Scan. It got only 76 channels. I checked the the transponder list for T5 (97w) and it only lists 10 transponders: 11688H, 11697V, 11843H, 11843V, 12028H, 12028V, 12059H, 12059 V, 12152 H, 12152V, but no 12084 V. What else should I try ?

I don't see there is a "Standard" option, if I move it from "Universal" it starts giving a slew of numbers like 5150 etc... after each press.
When I checked the transponder list on the T5 satellite it doesn't list the 12084 V 20760 3/4 so I added it manually and that didn't do anything as well. Will it automatically find the transponders if I delete all the listed transponders from the list ? I also changed DISEqC from Auto to LNB1and LNB2 and it didn't do anything as well.
I will try to change LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for 97w and re-scan and report back,
I couldn't find a manual on-line for your receiver, but, yes, if it just gives numbers after the Universal setting, then choose 10750.

A re-scan (after deleting all transponders/channels on the satellite) will scan in those transponders/channels your receiver finds. You can then check on Lyngsat which ones you are missing. When you manually entered in 12084, you were entering it under the Universal LO of 10600, so it wouldn't show up anything on Signal Quality, as with a LO of 10600 it was out by about 150 (you would have had to enter it as around 11934 (Note: your LNB may read in a signal at a slightly higher or lower frequency than what is listed on Lyngsat, and looking at it yours may be out about 4 points. No worries if it does this, mine is out 2 and 3 points from what Lyngsat lists).

Note: The list of transponders at Lyngsat has one at 11898, this transponder does not exist any more, just hasn't been updated recently.

Try the above, then report back the number of channels you get, and all the transponders frequencies you get.

Ok just tried changing LNB to standard (LO of 10750) and delete all the transponders/channels for T5 (97w) and Blind Scan. It got only 76 channels. I checked the the transponder list for T5 (97w) and it only lists 10 transponders: 11688H, 11697V, 11843H, 11843V, 12028H, 12028V, 12059H, 12059 V, 12152 H, 12152V, but no 12084 V. What else should I try ?
Obviously, you posted while I was typing my above post!

First off, don't know where 11688H and 11697V are coming from, they are not transponders on 97w.

Secondly, you are showing both H & V for 11843(H) 12028(H) 12059(H) and 12152(H) so are only picking up the Horizontal transponders (missing one at 12184), and are not picking up any Vertical (11960, 12053, 12084, 12146, 12177). Can you adjust your LNB skew?

Reactions: FTA4PA
I think I can change it in the Drake and DSR905, will check it out tomorrow. Thanks for the input !
Okay,here's your big problem,the Captive Works cannot control your polarity.You have to manually change polarity with the Drake,so when you blind scan you will only get horiz or vert but not both,you will only get whichever polarity the Drake is set for.
Also the 905 is pretty much useless anymore,there is little,if not nothing,for it to pick up anymore,best to just retire it.
And finally,I think you said the CW is 11 years old,there are many things it likely won't receive anymore,a lot has changed in FTA over 11 years.

Okay,here's your big problem,the Captive Works cannot control your polarity.You have to manually change polarity with the Drake,so when you blind scan you will only get horiz or vert but not both,you will only get whichever polarity the Drake is set for.
Also the 905 is pretty much useless anymore,there is little,if not nothing,for it to pick up anymore,best to just retire it.
And finally,I think you said the CW is 11 years old,there are many things it likely won't receive anymore,a lot has changed in FTA over 11 years.
I will give it one more try with the Drake on Ku-band and then I will take the DSR905 out of the equation and connect the CW straight to the Drake.
What would you recommend now as a FTA receiver ? These FTA receiver companies come and go and there is no firmware support for new birds in the sky.

What would you recommend now as a FTA receiver ? These FTA receiver companies come and go and there is no firmware support for new birds in the sky.

Not answering for waylew but my recommends would be:

Simple, easy, reliable FTA receiver: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver DVB-S2X H.265 HEVC With NTP 4K Ultra HD | eBay

All the bells and whistles FTA receiver (with bigger learning curve): https://hypermegasat.com/all-products/ols/products/edision-os-mio-4k-s2x-s2t2c-grey

The Edision is now sold by Casey at HyperMegaSat. Nice guy to deal with. I use an Edision myself and it is an excellent receiver. I have not personally used the Amiko 4K but have used an Amiko Mini HD SE receiver and it was a solid unit. The Amiko is sold by KE4EST, who is a member here. He will give you good support after the sale if you go with that one. Just my two cents.

Just a quick note, since EdT is in Canada, here is the listing on e-bay.ca:

Also, Casey at HyperMegaSat does not ship (per his website) to Canada.

Reactions: FTA4PA and EdT

Simple, easy, reliable FTA receiver: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver DVB-S2X H.26

Simple, easy, reliable FTA receiver: Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver DVB-S2X H.265 HEVC With NTP 4K Ultra HD | eBay

All the bells and whistles FTA receiver (with bigger learning curve): https://hypermegasat.com/all-products/ols/products/edision-os-mio-4k-s2x-s2t2c-grey

The Edision is now sold by Casey at HyperMegaSat. Nice guy to deal with. I use an Edision myself and it is an excellent receiver. I have not personally used the Amiko 4K but have used an Amiko Mini HD SE receiver and it was a solid unit. The Amiko is sold by KE4EST, who is a member here. He will give you good support after the sale if you go with that one. Just my two cents.

5 HEVC With NTP 4K Ultra HD | eBay

I think the Amiko Mini is out of the choices because it doesn't have any RF input/output. I know its a HD receiver with HDMI output, but my Drake reciever is like 15-20 feets away from my TV and I don't think running a HDMI cable that long would be advisable.

I think the Amiko Mini is out of the choices because it doesn't have any RF input/output. I know its a HD receiver with HDMI output, but my Drake reciever is like 15-20 feets away from my TV and I don't think running a HDMI cable that long would be advisable.

Not likely to find a good quality, modern FTA receiver with RF out but they may exist. Anyway, it should not be a problem running a 15 to 20 foot HDMI cable. Max is around 50 standalone but much longer lengths can be achieved with other methods if needed.

Can you adjust your LNB skew?
Ok, I was able to find the V skew adjustment in the DSR905 from -90 to 0 to +90 which was at -90 at T5 so I move it to 0 and did another Blind Scan and I got one or two different transponders, but still no 12084 V. So then I decided enter the 12084V/20760/3/4 in the T5 transponder list in the CW and press the skew at 5 increments a time -90 to 0 to +90 on the DSR905 to see if it can lock onto anything in the CW Manual Search screen where I can see both the Quality and Signal meter bar, but still nothing. If I connect the CW straight to the Drake then there would be no skew control or does that even matter ?

I hear the polarity motor moving at the dish as it doing the Blind Scan, plus it does lock onto transponders in both V and H or am I missing something ?
What would have changed that the CW can't recieve now, would the firmware not recognize a certain transponder or satellite ? I just want to make sure that it is indeed a hardware issue before I get a new receiver.

Okay,now I'm confused,to the best of my knowledge the CW should not be able to control the polarotor.That being said,we need a complete description of how everything is connected together,from the receivers to the dish,cabling/splitters/switches,everything.
As to some of the other things,my newest receiver is 5? years old($0 toy budget anymore) but the recommendations of the others seem to be the current "bests".
A 20/25 foot HDMI cable is not a problem,in fact I'm using one.
There is a skew adjustment in the Drake somewhere but you wouldn't use that for polarity changing,it's for initial dish setup and fine tuning.To switch polarity with the Drake simply change channels,odd channels are one pol and even chs are the other.
There's more but it's way past time to go ; )
I hear the polarity motor moving at the dish as it doing the Blind Scan, plus it does lock onto transponders in both V and H or am I missing something ?
What would have changed that the CW can't recieve now, would the firmware not recognize a certain transponder or satellite ? I just want to make sure that it is indeed a hardware issue before I get a new receiver.

Just a further note. I will be unavailable again until Sunday night, hopefully, someone can step up to help.

Anyhow, check at 45 (both + and -) and check to see (via Lyngsat) whether the transponders you are scanning in are any of the vertical transponders. If not, do 0 and 90 (after deleting channels/transponders) and check again whether you are getting any vertical transponders. If you don't it probably means either the polarity (or skew) is not changing (I would think you should be able to see the polarity changing at the dish, but since I don't have a C band dish and that type of setup, someone else may be able to confirm what you should see when the polarity is changing) or there is something else wrong.

If you do scan in any of the vertical transponders, but not 12084, then try to peak one of the vertical transponders by adding/subtracting a few degrees off the polarity. Once you get the best signal on one of the vertical transponders, re-scan again to see if 12084 comes in. If not, you probably have to adjust the dish east/west or maybe even up/down slightly to get the transponder to come in (again, using one of the transponders you are getting to peak the signal). Good luck! Hopefully, when I return Sunday night you will have got it to come in!

Reactions: EdT and FTA4PA
Okay,now I'm confused,to the best of my knowledge the CW should not be able to control the polarotor.That being said,we need a complete description of how everything is connected together,from the receivers to the dish,cabling/splitters/switches,everything.
As to some of the other things,my newest receiver is 5? years old($0 toy budget anymore) but the recommendations of the others seem to be the current "bests".
A 20/25 foot HDMI cable is not a problem,in fact I'm using one.
There is a skew adjustment in the Drake somewhere but you wouldn't use that for polarity changing,it's for initial dish setup and fine tuning.To switch polarity with the Drake simply change channels,odd channels are one pol and even chs are the other.
There's more but it's way past time to go ; )
The polarator/servo motor wires are connected to the DSR905 sidecar which is then T'ed back to the Drake's polarator terminals. The CW uses a DiSEqC which is then connected to the C and KU band LNB ports(used a splitter) on the back of the DSR905 which is then T'ed back to the Drake.

The polarator/servo motor wires are connected to the DSR905 sidecar which is then T'ed back to the Drake's polarator terminals. The CW uses a DiSEqC which is then connected to the C and KU band LNB ports(used a splitter) on the back of the DSR905 which is then T'ed back to the Drake.
Well here's what I would do,first reset the skew back to wherever it was before you started.Then go through the menus in the Drake and look for the skew adjustment,it's gotta be in there somewhere.Once you find it and know you can control things with the Drake,completely remove the 905 from the system,the Drake will now move the dish ,control polarity and power the LNB's."T" the CW to the Drake,eliminating all the loss of the extra splitter and the 905 was causing to the CW.
When you want to change polarity,do not adjust skew,change the channel on the Drake,odd channels are one polarity,even chs are the other.The skew adjustment is for fine tuning not polarity changes.
When blind scanning do one polarity at a time,scan change pol scan again,you'll get lots of duplicates but you can deal with that later.
Anyway that's it for now,I gotta go.

Well here's what I would do,first reset the skew back to wherever it was before you started.Then go through the menus in the Drake and look for the skew adjustment,it's gotta be in there somewhere.Once you find it and know you can control things with the Drake,completely remove the 905 from the system,the Drake will now move the dish ,control polarity and power the LNB's."T" the CW to the Drake,eliminating all the loss of the extra splitter and the 905 was causing to the CW.
When you want to change polarity,do not adjust skew,change the channel on the Drake,odd channels are one polarity,even chs are the other.The skew adjustment is for fine tuning not polarity changes.
When blind scanning do one polarity at a time,scan change pol scan again,you'll get lots of duplicates but you can deal with that later.
Anyway that's it for now,I gotta go.
I will remove the DSR905 from the equation after testing with it in. I know the LNB settings on the Drake in the Setup menu which is password locked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)