Anyone Here Bought An AZbox Premium Plus

wildboys

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
I like to know if it will record the high bitrate sports feeds
and play them back without video and audio stutter.
I was told the hardware Blindscan works great.
It also comes with two tuners.

I like to know if it will record the high bitrate sports feeds
and play them back without video and audio stutter.
I was told the hardware Blindscan works great.
It also comes with two tuners.

Well I have one I got it two days ago I have not recorded a high bitrate sport feed,
and it DOES NOT COME WITH TWO TUNERS, you can ordered with two if you like
I did not I just ordered one and NO HD. I have install the hard myself and it works
great but have not tested it out on high bitrates..

Well I have one I got it two days ago I have not recorded a high bitrate sport feed,
I did not I just ordered one and NO HD. I have install the hard myself and it works

How is the blind scan on it?
Is it fast and does it scan S2 signals?

N2BNfunn,

I don't understand why you wouldn't have requested the dual tuner and the HD tuners.... I have been waiting on this receiver for quite some time (since its availability was announced) and sorry to say, it seems pointless to get one without requesting these items. My point being is that these two perks were the reasons I wanted one.

So, were you just getting one based upon the supposed blind scan capability?

RADAR

Dude for one thing you CAN ADD another tuner anytime you want... And you were you looking for a dual tuner setup and you should order one, but never tell someone else what they should or should not get....

Dude for one thing you CAN ADD another tuner anytime you want... And you were you looking for a dual tuner setup and you should order one, but never tell someone else what they should or should not get....

N2bnfunn,

I think you misunderstand me. I did not tellyou anything of the sort. I mean I didn't tell you to buy or not buy anything, I was simply asking you a question.

I was asking "WHY' you didn't opt for this, if you had a specific reason not to. I mean besides monetary concerns (I understand that if it is the case). But, here I am working my butt off trying to get a dual tuner and having a hard time obtaining one and you got an AZBox Premium plus and didn't opt for these options, so I was asking "WHY" or maybe more appropriately, why not?

You could have ordered the original Premium and got the same thing for a lower price. Unless you were concered with the blind scan option. So was that the case?

RADAR

N2

Did you try its blindscan on S and S2? On which sat & TPs? How is it for you? What blindscan options are offered?

May be you're brave enough to take off its hood and make some close up photos? ;)

What I was trying to say is the tuner just plug in, the IRD was high enough without add anothing 165.00 bucks for dual tuner, you can ADD A DUAL TUNER anytime you like.

I blind scan work ok, it just the firmware I have to find the right firmware for it, I am having anntena connection problem I am trying out a few different firmwares

What I was trying to say is the tuner just plug in, the IRD was high enough without add anothing 165.00 bucks for dual tuner, you can ADD A DUAL TUNER anytime you like.

I blind scan work ok, it just the firmware I have to find the right firmware for it, I am having anntena connection problem I am trying out a few different firmwares

N2bnfunn,

I understand. I was merely curious.

As far as the firmware goes, I just keep up with the beta firmwares as they are released and play with them when I have the time. It is nice that the same firmware applies to ALL models in the AZBox family. Then you don't have to keep it straight which firmware goes with which model. If the hardware isn't installed to support a perk of a specific revision, that perk is simply ignored and doesn't (hopefully) interfere with anything else.

Where did you obtain your Premium Plus?

RADAR

Here are some pictures of the plus inside even thought the power supply went bad today...:rant: IMG_0222.JPG

IMG_0223.JPG

[

Attachments

• IMG_0232.JPG
    IMG_0232.JPG
    169.8 KB · Views: 397
Here are some pictures of the plus inside even thought the power supply went bad today...:rant:View attachment 47000

View attachment 47001

[

N2bnfunn,

I noticed in another thread that you got it working again??? Poor connection somewhere? Sorry, but I am a little confused with the two posts.

However, in this thread and with the pictures of your box, I want to question the condition of your box or my eyes...

Somewhat near the lower RH area of the pictures of the box internals, there is a sister board with two white wires leading off from it. Is is me, the picture or is that sister board torched?

There is also an area just a little lower and more to the right, nearer to the tuner module that looks torched, too.

Are these boards actually burnt, or is your picture just deceiving me? If they are burned areas, then you have more problems than just your external power supply. Ouch!

RADAR

Thanks for sharing those pix. Is there a multi cable power lead to the main board or is it all one board?

If it is an AZBox Premium, then there should be a multi-lead cable with three power sources (2 x 12 VDC @ 3400 mA and 24 VDC @ 800 mA).

Model: S060DK12002402
MFG: Not listed on power supply that I can find.

Input: 120/240 VAC 50/60 Hz @1500 mA

Output: 12 VDC on pins #1 and #3
Output: 24 VDC on pin #2
Ground: Pin #4

RADAR

Radar
I think there were 2 guys very recently with power supply problems and only one got resolved.
As far as I can make out there are 3 Chinese companies manufacturing AZboxes and whilst they all accept the tuners the main boards seem to differ.
attached is only one I have seen before this one.
I saw those "torched parts" and thought they was camera flash shadow.

Attachments

• howtomounthddinpremium.png
    howtomounthddinpremium.png
    161.9 KB · Views: 466
Radar
I think there were 2 guys very recently with power supply problems and only one got resolved..../

/....I saw those "torched parts" and thought they was camera flash shadow.

Pedro,

I went and doublechecked the posts, and I am referring to N2bnfunn's threads or posts and both revolving around a power supply issue.

The pictures he presented here in this thread, with the box open, and the board exposed that I was referring to look too clear and detailed to be a camera shadow. Do you see what I am referring to?

I question this because I wouldn't want N2bnfunn to spend money on a new external P.S. only to have it not be the original problem, or worse yet, have the new one be damaged because of some other problem.

RADAR

The pictures he presented here in this thread, with the box open, and the board exposed that I was referring to look too clear and detailed to be a camera shadow. Do you see what I am referring to?

I question this because I wouldn't want N2bnfunn to spend money on a new external P.S. only to have it not be the original problem, or worse yet, have the new one be damaged because of some other problem.

RADAR

Just had a relook at the pix of the "burnt bits" and they aren't a consistent shape in each photo. If they are cooked the box could well be a right off.

You are absolutely right though they need investigating before getting another power supply on it. Good advice Radar

No there is no burn marks on my board what that is I black out some of the serial number on the board using photo shop.

As far as the power supply I am waiting on it to be shipped..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)