Anyone Interested in the Canadian Football League?

How much do you think that the NFL(along with the NCAA/BCS & American prep football) would change if they implemented the CFL rule that the Defense would have to line up a yard from the line of scrimmage instead of on the line of scrimmage? Do you think that would decrease the size of offensive & defensive linemen?

the CFL ROCKS!!

Main reason I have my Shaw Direct setup...which reminds me I have to get that hooked back up again ;)

Some of the RSN's carry CFL games

The RSNs got their feed from the America One Network, which at this time does not have a deal with the CFL for this season. I watched a lot of games on Altitude and MSG+ last season, but Altitude dropped the broadcasts late in the season after their owner realized what kind of products America One was advertising (products dealing with ED and male performance). So as of now, the prospects for CFL game broadcasts here in the US doesn't look promising, but there is still two weeks to kickoff so maybe something will come about at the last minute.

By the way, those who think CFL football is an inferior product might want to try that argument on the forums at CFL.ca. You know how Canadians have a reputation for being less obnoxious than Americans. It's true, except in that forum. They can get downright nasty in defending their beloved brand of football.

exactly...and just dont call the Riders and their fans "Banjo picking inbreeds" :D

Attachments

• Rider4.jpeg
    Rider4.jpeg
    26.9 KB · Views: 110
I love my CFL thats why I have a BellTV system as well as a D* system that way I can see my Edmonton Eskimos play via TSN & TSN 2 and watch my Colts play on D*'s Sunday Ticket. Although I am moving to Bloominton Minnesota at the end of September and I don't know how well I will receive Bell's 82 sat up there.

So far,it has been a big mystery to me who will be carrying the CFL's games in the U.S. this season. D*'s Access Magazine has no mention of CFL games for July. The CFL Broadband website's page for the U.S. is horribly out of date. There is no mention of the CFL on the America One website.

IMHO,

If you look at a CFL roster, it is mostly people who played US college football and simply were not good enough to make it in the NFL. That does not make it "bad". All minor league sports (Nationwide golf or NASCAR, minor league baseball, NDBL, etc) is that, and therre is nothing wrong with that, as long as you keep it in perspective. For that mattter, college football is broken up into divisions, and, in to opinion of most observers, clearly into tiers of talent within those. What it does do is make arguments that the CFL is anything besides a secondary league foolish.

It is good football and, IMHO, preferable to watching the NFL's exhibition season (most of which are played by players who, likewise, are not good enough and will be cut).

Arena "football" is not football, IMHO. Its not interesting to me. If you like it, great, I just do not see the point of it.

I was looking on the ESPN 3 website to see if they have any upcoming football games,hoping very hard that they would mention any CFL games. Yeah,they have upcoming football games,Aussie Rules Football.

I love my CFL thats why I have a BellTV system as well as a D* system that way I can see my Edmonton Eskimos play via TSN & TSN 2 and watch my Colts play on D*'s Sunday Ticket. Although I am moving to Bloominton Minnesota at the end of September and I don't know how well I will receive Bell's 82 sat up there.

The 82 sat works fine here on a 20" about a half hour west of where you're moving to :)
(I can confirm that)

Thanks Iceberg I wasn't sure. I'm currently using a Dish 500 for my Bell system but if that didn't work for me up there I have two new 24" dishes that I was going to try. One for 91 and one for 82. Now I wonder what D* will offer me in terms of HD locals? Now I get NBC HD CBS HD ABC HD and PBS SD that's all. Anything in regard to Fox HD CW HD or the Superstation's I have to watch on Bell. With the move that means I won't be getting to my Canadian home(Regina SK) as much, but as they say money talks. Now let me tell you guys about CFL football in Regina home of the Saskatchewan Rough Riders. Now again I'm and Eskimos fan to the end but Ive gone to my fair share of Rider home games(Given its the wife's home town) and I spent a fair share of time there in years past. Its is pure crazyness especially if there hosting the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. It is the most fun I have ever had at any sporting event that I have been to. It is a totally unreal experience. I have great respect for BOTH leagues.

in Minneapolis you get almost every local we have in HD
KTCA PBS
WCCO CBS
KSTP ABC
KMSP FOX
KARE NBC
WUCW CW
WFTC MY

only ones not in HD are Ion (KPXM), a couple PBS stations (KTCI which is only in SD and KAWE) and KSTC Independent....which shows VERY little in HD anyways

I still cannot find any listings for any games on TV so it is really looking bleak at this point, which is a shame.

The more I read (here and elsewhere) comments that belittle the CFL and its quality of play, the more I laugh because these are people who probably spend whole Saturdays watching college football and all that is just a minor league sport covered in a lot of fluff. Most those guys wouldn't make an Arena Football team, let alone the CFL.

I think it is unfair to compare it with American football, they're just two different sports.

I just began watching the CFL last year when I got the E* RSN pack (in order to get Redzone), it s a pretty interesting sport, I liked it. Too bad the most important game wasn't available live on any RSN. Fortunately I had ESPN 360 and was able to watch the Grey cup.

I'm looking forward to learn more from it, I admit the attention will be limited to Saturdays once the NFL season begins.

I used to watch it years ago on Espn and on Worldsport before Voom went boom. There is a very low power station that I can't pick up that was showing CFL games last year in far NE Oklahoma. It is an interesting fast paced game. I did watch some on the internet last year.

Starts thursday night. At least something too watch, instead of endless summer reruns, or that other game of "10 minutes of intense activity jam packed into 3 hours". Still about two more months until the NFL comes back. :-(

Simply put: because the CFL has less talent than the NFL. Why would one settle for mediocrity when they could have the best?

Why is it an either/or choice? Some people simply like the CFL style of play and enjoy it in addition to the NFL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)