Anyone know if DTV will install an HR24 with a Genie?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yea they will charge you for the HR24. I think it's $199
oh you mean brand new install. yeah they might. I disagree with it since it's an older box. not like they don't have thousands they don't know what to do with. they almost refuse to install anything other than genie stuff. don't know why. used to be if your credit was bad, all you got was the non genie stuff. what is do is let them put in the genie stuff then call back 4 months later and say you want to add a box. 4 months in, I'm told by customers, is when they can force an upgrade eligibility without charging you

yeah not surprised. can it wait a few months? I mean I know they say free install up to 4 boxes. is it that it would be your 5th? what do you need that particular receiver for? is it essential? I mean, it's really none of my business, but they tend to stand hard on charging for a 5th box.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I'm trying to get a new contract. I've been with Dish for about 3 years and want to switch. I used to be with DTV before that and had 2 HR24s which I liked. I thought it would be better to have the HR24 instead of the mini because of the 2 extra tuners it would add and if we don't pair them then my kids can use the HR24 and record their shows without poisoning the Genie with their crap.
BTW, I still have those 2 HR24s in their boxes because DTV didn't ask for them back when I cancelled.

Reactions: Jimbo
I understand your reasoning. let them install the minis and call back later saying you own the hr24, which you do, and say you want to reactivate. they can do that. it won't need any extra equipment. it'll work on the system they put in as is. if you want a 5th line run, we aren't suppose to do it without a box being installed with it bc we wouldn't get paid for it. we normally get 15 per line so throw a 20 at the technician and ask him to do it. he'll do it.

I do a lot of extra lines for free it just depends on the complexity of it. I mean the problem with that is if you do a bunch of stuff for free, at the end of the day all you made was friends lol

yeah not surprised. can it wait a few months? I mean I know they say free install up to 4 boxes. is it that it would be your 5th? what do you need that particular receiver for? is it essential? I mean, it's really none of my business, but they tend to stand hard on charging for a 5th box.
Some people don't want Clients ....
I will NEVER have clients forced on me ... if I have a need for one, ok ... like a room that doesn't get used much.
I will take a HR24 over ANY CLIENT.
Reason ...
The client is a cheap way of doing things, relying on the HR44/54 and has no ability to record Anything....
Give me a HD DVR recvr, ya know, something that can work by itself.

The Genie and clients remind me of the Borg, everything works together, on single unit ...

I'll take my individuallity anytime.

HR24 works by itself, not relying on others ...

IF they make people go to clients only, it will be a downfall overall ... eventually as people realize what they have done.

A client is a useless box without the Genie.

I put a client in the RV and it does nothing.

It says UP TO 4 boxes, what if he tells them he doesn't want 3 clients, maybe 1 and HR24's

He gains recording options when going with the HR24, even if he has to buy it.

Thanks for the reply guys.

I'm trying to get a new contract. I've been with Dish for about 3 years and want to switch. I used to be with DTV before that and had 2 HR24s which I liked. I thought it would be better to have the HR24 instead of the mini because of the 2 extra tuners it would add and if we don't pair them then my kids can use the HR24 and record their shows without poisoning the Genie with their crap.
BTW, I still have those 2 HR24s in their boxes because DTV didn't ask for them back when I cancelled.
You mean you have them (you used them previously, right ?).

I would talk with the tech when he comes out and say, can I use these recvrs again vs the clients.
I would think he could do it, normally if you turn one back on they require a new access card, not sure why, but they do ... maybe the tech can get them re authorized.

Unless you NEED Wireless, I see no need for a client.

Thats right Jimbo, I don't even want a mini. Just the Genie and one HR24. Don't need wireless either. Both rooms have wired ethernet to my router switch. Also the dish is still on the house, but not sure if they'll need a new LNB for the genie.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)