Anyone know of any price increases for Sobongo/AAD distant networks ?

ohioankev

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
They usually raise their rates in July (as informed in an email last year by a rep) so I was wondering if anyone was billed this month and noticed a price increase on the SD east/west coast feeds from NY/SF. I tried emailing questions@mydistantnetworks.com and the email was returned me by the email delivery system. Also I could find no mention of distant networks at the Sobongo website (formerly All American Direct)

I guess they found the prices were way to high compared to DISH at $5.00 for hd locals. Many people also know how to " move" to get the hd locals with DISH as well. So $12.99 is cheaper but still much higher than $5.00 . Besides if DISH re-enters the distant network business, there won't be much of a need for AAD to sell distants anyway.

I guess they found the prices were way to high compared to DISH at $5.00 for hd locals. Many people also know how to " move" to get the hd locals with DISH as well. So $12.99 is cheaper but still much higher than $5.00 . Besides if DISH re-enters the distant network business, there won't be much of a need for AAD to sell distants anyway.

$12.99 for me on 6/30/2010 vs. $18.99. I know is more than double compared to Dish but is my only alternative.

I plan on leaving All American Direct once Hulu Plus hits the gaming consoles. Right now i'm just keeping my distants for the east/west coast feed to make time shifting easier on the DVR. Once Hulu Plus launches on the game consoles I won't have to worry about time shifting and I won't have to worry about getting more than five episodes behind.

Anyways thanks for the information guys as I use my bank card and didn't want to get over drafted because of an unannounced price increase.

Received my six month bill. $109.99 each for LA and Chicago HD.

Guess I will need to call them. Their website is showing $74.99 each for six months. Still kind of high, but pretty nice price drop. Strange the year price does not really give a discoutnt over the six month price.

Disappointed they are trying to still charge me for the old price.

They just charged me yesterday $12.99 for all 4. Their website shows $3.49 each or $12.99 all 4. That's just great to see a price drop. SD is $3.99 for each channel from both cities (NY and SF) or $14.99 for all 8.

They just charged me yesterday $12.99 for all 4. Their website shows $3.49 each or $12.99 all 4. That's just great to see a price drop. SD is $3.99 for each channel from both cities (NY and SF) or $14.99 for all 8.

They have and still are charging me $14.99 for all the SD distants.

One more reason to call.

The SD prices and the HD prices are different animals. I'd call for sure because you are being billed more than their website says. Let them explain it to you.

The SD prices and the HD prices are different animals. I'd call for sure because you are being billed more than their website says. Let them explain it to you.

Yeah. I was getting all the HD and SD channels.

Just called and dropped the SD channels. Renewed the HD for six months at the lower rate.

Please provide an exact link for the new prices. The link that I connect to shows the old prices.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)