Anyone know the default password to Wegener Muzak Encompass LE2

J

jaytango

Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Florida
My LNB broke and I have a spare Universal LNB (LO 9750/10600) but the one which was being used was a standard LNB (LO 10750). I'm trying to see if I can change the LO freq on the receiver. There's a "Setup" menu option but it asks for a password (6-chars, alphabetic only). I browsed through some old Wegener docs for other devices and the only thing I could find was "passwo" and "passwd", neither of which worked. Thank you.

Reactions: fireball517
comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
My LNB broke and I have a spare Universal LNB (LO 9750/10600) but the one which was being used was a standard LNB (LO 10750). I'm trying to see if I can change the LO freq on the receiver. There's a "Setup" menu option but it asks for a password (6-chars, alphabetic only). I browsed through some old Wegener docs for other devices and the only thing I could find was "passwo" and "passwd", neither of which worked. Thank you.

Was the Wegener working with a standard LNB before?

J

jaytango

Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Florida
Was the Wegener working with a standard LNB before?
Yes. No problems. Then one day it just stopped working. I had to realign in Oct. because Hurricane Ian moved the dish, but it grabbed the signal no prob after realigning. Then, about a week ago signal dropped completely. The LNB is pretty old and the plastic protective cover has long-crumbled away. I tried my Universal LNB but I couldn't get a lock. Then I realized the new LNB is Universal, so it prob has a different LO. I guess I can just order a new 10.75 but I just wanted to see in the meantime if there was a way to quickly edit the freq on the receiver to use the Universal until the new one comes in.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
comfortably_numb

comfortably_numb

Dogs have owners, cats have staff
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 30, 2011
Kansas City / Las Vegas
Thanks for confirming that the box works, I have long thought about purchasing one from eBay, but was never sure if it would be DOA.

fireball517

fireball517

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 21, 2019
East TN
Thanks for confirming that the box works, I have long thought about purchasing one from eBay, but was never sure if it would be DOA.

Same, I want to get one but I know I would end up with a deauthed unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J

jaytango

Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Florida
FYI, there's a good chance you would get a de-authed box. I DO have a subscription with Mood Media, which is why mine works, so just be aware of that. I just rather fix it myself since they want to charge me $300+ just for the service visit.