Anyone know the default password to Wegener Muzak Encompass LE2

jaytango

Original poster
Dec 26, 2022
Florida
My LNB broke and I have a spare Universal LNB (LO 9750/10600) but the one which was being used was a standard LNB (LO 10750). I'm trying to see if I can change the LO freq on the receiver. There's a "Setup" menu option but it asks for a password (6-chars, alphabetic only). I browsed through some old Wegener docs for other devices and the only thing I could find was "passwo" and "passwd", neither of which worked. Thank you.

Reactions: fireball517
My LNB broke and I have a spare Universal LNB (LO 9750/10600) but the one which was being used was a standard LNB (LO 10750). I'm trying to see if I can change the LO freq on the receiver. There's a "Setup" menu option but it asks for a password (6-chars, alphabetic only). I browsed through some old Wegener docs for other devices and the only thing I could find was "passwo" and "passwd", neither of which worked. Thank you.

Was the Wegener working with a standard LNB before?

Was the Wegener working with a standard LNB before?
Yes. No problems. Then one day it just stopped working. I had to realign in Oct. because Hurricane Ian moved the dish, but it grabbed the signal no prob after realigning. Then, about a week ago signal dropped completely. The LNB is pretty old and the plastic protective cover has long-crumbled away. I tried my Universal LNB but I couldn't get a lock. Then I realized the new LNB is Universal, so it prob has a different LO. I guess I can just order a new 10.75 but I just wanted to see in the meantime if there was a way to quickly edit the freq on the receiver to use the Universal until the new one comes in.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
FYI, there's a good chance you would get a de-authed box. I DO have a subscription with Mood Media, which is why mine works, so just be aware of that. I just rather fix it myself since they want to charge me $300+ just for the service visit.

Reactions: comfortably_numb