Anyone know what ballpark this is?

televisionarchives

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 25, 2008
Can anyone tell me what ballpark this is ? I got some old home movies and some photos from a sale . The photo was attached to the movies and it said movies of new england. The photo here is what's on the home movies. I haven't transferred them yet. The player looks like Johnny Pesky but I don't know if this is Fenway Park. Anyone ? img008.jpgimg008-001.jpg

Warren Spahn pitched for the National league Boston Braves from 1942-1952, Boston Braves, then moved to Milwaukee. He was signed as an amateur free agent by the Boston Bees in 1940. I believe the picture to be Spahn as well

Last edited:
Right on. Also, this week marks the 18th anniversary of the 1994 MLB strike (Thanks Bud). For those who don't remember, the Expos had the best record in baseball 74-40 w/ 5 players in the all-star game (Walker, Alou, Fletcher, Wetland and Fassero). This team was dangerous throughout the entire line-up. The 3 previous years, Montreal always finished second to the Braves who were great in the early 90s. After the cancellation of the season, the Expos didn't resign all those free-agents because managing partner Claude Brochu refused to spend, opting to keep his bonuses for balancing the books so it was the first of many fire sales. Brochu, in an attempt to get funding for a new ball park, started to bash the Big O saying it was too far from downtown, not a good ballpark and unsafe...as a result, folks stopped going to the games (brilliant move Brochu). New "ownership" came in to "save" the Expos but all Loria did was sabotage the team even more ie- let go of land for a new park right in the middle of downtown Montreal, cancelled local/national TV broadcasting "if people want to see a game, they should come to the stadium" was some BS excuse he used.

After many "cash calls" to the other partners, Loria's stake in the team grew until he had complete control which resulted in the famous Expos, Marlins and Red Sox ownership swaps which had Loria leave town for Florida with everything except for the mascot and the Big O. When I say he took everything, he did: coaching staff, trainers, medical records, scouting reports, phones, and computers all left w/ him etc.

To this day, this still makes me sick to my stomach.

Cheers, K

Last edited by a moderator:
Amen Kraven (oh I fixed 2 words...you put " the Expos did resign all those free-agents" when you meant "didn't" and about Loria taking them off TV you put "if people wasnt to see a game" when you mean want ;)

But yeah that was Loria's excuse for taking them off English radio and all TV that year. To make folks come....good way to alienate your fans

actually looking through an old site here is what they had TV/radio wise back then
1999...52 games on French TV (19 on SRC), 26 games on TSN...Both English and French radio
2000...only French radio
2001...12 English games, 46 French, both sides radio
2002...2 games on RDS only...Both English and French radio
2003...14 games on RDS......Both English and French radio
2004....some promise TV wise...around 30 games on TheScore, 20 on RDS

I remember those games on thescore when I had Shaw (or maybe Bell at the time). Got to see the "home opener" (the one at the big O....not the one in Puerto Rico), the last home game and the last game.

I so wanted to go when the Twins made their only trip to Montreal for Interleague....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)