Anyone know what's up with Orby?

• Haha
Reactions: KE4EST
I read on Facebook orby tv customer form that orby tv has trouble securing financing to continue is operations. I hope they can come up with solution. Having box with external antena for local programming and Internet streaming wold be nice. Satellite orby tv is great choice to have.

We are still hoping they don't fold but it is not looking good. I emailed them yesterday but nothing back yet. Anybody actually get a reply? How about you Tvland1, anything?

I don't think anyone can point fingers at "lack of" programming. The appeal was in not being in a contract, NOT having to pay for locals which I think was brilliant....(with a good antenna, didn't even need theirs and their antenna is a good little one)...and no "fluff" of shopping channels. For me, it was a blessing not to pay for sports programs I'd never sit down to watch. I think their choice of the "meat" of programming was very similar to the packages we had available on 4DTV til the last of that era, and was chosen wisely given the difficulty of acquiring programming within reasonable cost. Simply said, the cost vs. the programming offered was not bad! (especially against big suppliers) It is however understandable they have/had an uphill battle against the bigger corporate providers. Even with TV advertising which was "out there" for them many people probably never knew there is/was this OrbyTV option.

Orby had a tough row to hoe. Basically, they were trying to appeal to a small group of consumers for whom all of the following were true:
  • either don't care about major broadcast network local channels or can get them for free via OTA antenna
  • don't care about sports channels
  • are OK with rooftop dish installation and the up-front cost of buying Orby hardware
  • find DISH and DirecTV to be too expensive
  • probably don't have home broadband service which would allow them to access similar sets of streaming cable channels for less from Sling, Philo, Frndly TV, etc.

Reactions: danristheman
I think the lack of Fox News was a big factor. That's a must have for a lot of people, more so those who may live in rural areas and not have the best access to broadband ie Orby's target customer.

Reactions: Skyscanner
I think the lack of Fox News was a big factor. That's a must have for a lot of people, more so those who may live in rural areas and not have the best access to broadband ie Orby's target customer.
I will admit I would have liked FNC, but of late they were taking a direction I did not like, and found NewsMax to be better, but unfortunately, NewsMax didn't have the blond eye candy FNC had, LOL!

Time to load some new firmware?
Christmas Fail GIF by Taylor Swift

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts