Anyone know what's up with Orby?

3CC26ABC-4BEA-44B0-ACC8-656E11B7702D.jpeg

it shows $30 because I actually added HBO and Cinemax

Reactions: FTA4PA
Just curious but if the site worked for you today (I understand you said it didn't work but if it could load for you) would you have to enter your password or does it remember your login?
I always logged out so I would have to enter a password but can never get that far. :(

Mine is with Android but I can't get past the email page.... will be interesting to see if they actually charge your account.. I've been reading where people had installs scheduled and Orby emailed them and credit their accounts..

Mine is with Android but I can't get past the email page.... will be interesting to see if they actually charge your account.. I've been reading where people had installs scheduled and Orby emailed them and credit their accounts..
See my previous posts. i WAS charged.

What i did:

i have a link direct to i think equipment page on site under account.

initially i got the "no new customers" error. I just hit reload a few times and it comes up.
Just for the heck of it could you share the link you were able to use to get it, assuming it does not contain any personal info?

Reactions: EmCommSat
Your actual credit card has the pending charge? You might get lucky and Orby credits the charge
yes pending. I misunderstood sorry about that. hey that would be cool to get a credit for some free hbo but i won't hold my breath on getting the money back as i actually have service. the credits people got i think were for cancelled installs (never had service)...?

Reactions: Tvland1
Just for the heck of it could you share the link you were able to use to get it, assuming it does not contain any personal info?
I initially considered posting the URL but have had such bad luck online posting things only to seemingly get them shutdown (kinda like the "what's up there" board here shhhhhh LOL) but if the end is near I guess it won't hurt and if they issue out credits maybe others can get in a few days of complimentary hbo or as my plan goes pay all the channels i can and run those DVRs til the cows come home and hope i can watch that content later.

i will send you a PM with the URL and defer to your knowledge on what members here are trustworthy and as such share the info with them but as I posted earlier, this is no "special secret link" it's what we all have been using. I believe.

I initially considered posting the URL but have had such bad luck online posting things only to seemingly get them shutdown (kinda like the "what's up there" board here shhhhhh LOL) but if the end is near I guess it won't hurt and if they issue out credits maybe others can get in a few days of complimentary hbo or as my plan goes pay all the channels i can and run those DVRs til the cows come home and hope i can watch that content later.

i will send you a PM with the URL and defer to your knowledge on what members here are trustworthy and as such share the info with them but as I posted earlier, this is no "special secret link" it's what we all have been using. I believe.
OK :)

I just started another thread.
I was able to login successfully from a different computer that did not have my password saved! How can I post details yet keep them private or protected so this doesn't get shut down also?

They are done. The writing is on the wall.

They can’t sign up new customers because it costs them money for every new install and it would not be right to charge new customers for equipment that might be a door stop in a few months.

Dish/Directv/AT&T did not buy them, as there is no value in their customer base. No provider is going to want to take over a customer who only pays $40/mo.

As long as their revenue on the programming is more then their operating costs they will continue on.

Either that, or they are waiting for an injection of cash to continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: raydio

They can’t sign up new customers because it costs them money for every new install and it would not be right to charge new customers for equipment that might be a door stop in a few months.

Dish/Directv/AT&T did not buy them, as there is no value in their customer base. No provider is going to want to take over a customer who only pays $40/mo.

As long as their revenue on the programming is more then their operating costs they will continue on.

The service is using Hevc and is only leasing two transponders so that should of kept the operating cost down but with Globecast handling the uplink and all how much do they charge for their services. Probably a lot. Dish or direct would be able to do the uplink them selves. It's about time they switch their systems over to HEVC also. They would not need as many transponder as they use now. That alone would save them money and space craft power and less space craft. Could make the satellites last even longer. The big dogs makes so money they just don't care about lowing the bills for their customer.The customer should come first but that's not the way it is.

Then they shouldn't be letting Best Buy sell their brick receivers as Orby Satellite Receivers. BB is just as liable if they know about Orby ending too.

Then they shouldn't be letting Best Buy sell their brick receivers as Orby Satellite Receivers. BB is just as liable if they know about Orby ending too.

It’s very likely Best Buy pays like $20 per standard receiver and $40 per DVR receiver. This would explain why we keep seeing all the flash sales like we do.

But I agree, Best Buy shouldn’t be selling anything right now. I just looked up their return policy, and it’s 15 days

Since when did any store only have a 15 day return policy? They are even charging a restocking fee on televisions.

Things must be getting bad for them

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts