Anyone know what's up with Orby?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hey, if it's not a mistake, let's give 'em some slack on any changes...and cross fingers, toes and parts that they continue!
It'd be nice to hear of some "now and then" subscribers turning it back ON if they're available 'ongoing" now. If they're staying, guess I'll "talk about" them again now and then on the radio. And, if anyone in West Central MI has interest and the company continues on, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can with install. Part of the problem that was communicated to me EARLY on in this before the outsourcing of "channel ordering" was lack of people to do installs. I was told I could pick and choose the installs to fit around my "real" work after installing mine and a friends... if I wanted to become an installer. (I asked how that worked.) Who knows....again, time will tell if they get all their pages up to date, videos redone, etc...Let's give 'em our crossed fingers and instead of pointing fingers a things on the site that may not work, be patient. Web updates CAN be a pain in the butt...especially with small staffs.

Last edited:
Strange.. still can't access customer account but you can order a system install.. phone number still same recording contact customer care
Sorry friend, actually you CAN NOT order an install. I tried. First "error" states no installers in your area buy a self install kit. Next error is self install kit not available.

You CAN access the account section of the site. PM sent.

Reactions: Tvland1
Site results may vary, member FDIC, equal housing lender, don't take if allergic to Orby....Think results with their site depend on "net" settings like browser, cookies, etc, and is not "blanket" available yet. Yes, I'm a customer, but site "loops" for me back to main. We've waited this long, we can wait longer to see how things change and develop.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Found another email for Orby media and received a response that my email has been forwarded to customer care

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210222-161429.png
    Screenshot_20210222-161429.png
    43.9 KB · Views: 211
Reactions: FTA4PA
Site results may vary, member FDIC, equal housing lender, don't take if allergic to Orby....Think results with their site depend on "net" settings like browser, cookies, etc, and is not "blanket" available yet. Yes, I'm a customer, but site "loops" for me back to main. We've waited this long, we can wait longer to see how things change and develop.
hey friend try this ---> PM sent

Hey, if it's not a mistake, let's give 'em some slack on any changes...and cross fingers, toes and parts that they continue!
It'd be nice to hear of some "now and then" subscribers turning it back ON if they're available 'ongoing" now. If they're staying, guess I'll "talk about" them again now and then on the radio. And, if anyone in West Central MI has interest and the company continues on, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can with install. Part of the problem that was communicated to me EARLY on in this before the outsourcing of "channel ordering" was lack of people to do installs. I was told I could pick and choose the installs to fit around my "real" work after installing mine and a friends... if I wanted to become an installer. (I asked how that worked.) Who knows....again, time will tell if they get all their pages up to date, videos redone, etc...Let's give 'em our crossed fingers and instead of pointing fingers a things on the site that may not work, be patient. Web updates CAN be a pain in the butt...especially with small staffs.

The problem is that started using mastec, and mastec did a horrible job.

Then they went recruiting retailers, and small independent guys.

The issue is that there is not enough work to keep someone busy, and if you are busy they are sending you all over the place.

$80 per install is peanuts!

Not only that, they expect you to go and provide free service calls for so many days.

Many of the guys I spoke to where running service calls for missing locals to issues beyond the control of the installer.

It was just not worth it.

Pay $160 for a basic install like regular contractors for Dish get paid and you might make it work.

You pay $80 for a 1 room install, what is the company supposed to pay the installer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The website is back up, however their customer service phone number is still not taking any calls.

Anyone can put up a website back up within a few hours.

What do you do if your an existing customer and want to speak with customer service?

The website is back up, however their customer service phone number is still not taking any calls.

Anyone can put up a website back up within a few hours.

What do you do if your an existing customer and want to speak with customer service?

Maybe they no longer have any customers...? :oops: Although it does seem they are trying. Kinda.

:hiding

I'm pretty sure they have customers, I know I'm not the only one.
I stated "no longer", as in they quit. It was just a joke.

I too am a customer. I hope they don't die off.

I like satellite TV for availability. I can park an RV where there is no internet (streaming) and still get TV. I can end up at my cabin where there is basically nothing, fire up a little propane generator, and get TV. JMO

Last edited:
I want to think they just put the site back up just trying to quite down some of the speculation.i still think they are shutting down..My guess is around the 15th of March since I have seen people that were charged for service up to the 14th of Feb but seems like after the 15th nobody has been charged with auto-pay...I really hope I'm wrong and some miracle happens but sad to so it's not going to happen..I loved the programming for the price it was a good deal

I want to think they just put the site back up just trying to quite down some of the speculation.i still think they are shutting down..My guess is around the 15th of March since I have seen people that were charged for service up to the 14th of Feb but seems like after the 15th nobody has been charged with auto-pay...I really hope I'm wrong and some miracle happens but sad to so it's not going to happen..I loved the programming for the price it was a good deal
Agree friend. I like it for the price but seems it is over.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)