Anyone know what's up with Orby?

Dang you are quick Scott. I was typing the same thing.

That's after he finds out more of what's going on here... This is where most of the information is coming from for the yotubers...
Exactly. The same could be said of a quoted site I posted here two days ago. its great for hits on this site, not so good for those of us waiting. Nobody on the "outside" is in the loop. We all wait. Yet, just like most social media, speculation runs wild and grabs the interest, generating even MORE speculation. I wait while watching Star Trek Wrath of Khan on their service. If it goes away I can't change a thing...but for now, it's ON. I like most of what the Antenna Guy says in his videos, but recently corrected him about what AM radio can sound like. Now, two days later, that video is "members only,." People do strange things on the web, but if you own the domain and the content, it's YOUR sandbox.

I think I'll wait for Orby to make an announcement as to what happened rather than speculate what might have happened. I'm taking the restoration of their website as a good sign. At the same time I'll remain cautiously optimistic. As painful as it is not knowing what's going on sometimes it just takes a little patience. Especially if this is a legal matter and they are obligated to remain silent.

I live in Arkansas. I got home tonight to see a "no satellite signal" on my screen. Is it just mine or did everyone else go black? My service end date was the 18th but I had service this morning. Just wondering if maybe they shut off service to unpaid only.

I live in Arkansas. I got home tonight to see a "no satellite signal" on my screen. Is it just mine or did everyone else go black? My service end date was the 18th but I had service this morning. Just wondering if maybe they shut off service to unpaid only.
We still have service here. Auto-Pay was due today and they have not taken it.

P.S. Welcome to Satellite Guys!

First thing to do is see if you have a signal....Menu,Settings,Orby TV Information and see if your SM strength and SS strength.. that will tell you if its Satellite signal issue or subscription is out... Even if they cut your sub off you should have a signal...

Yes, we had a snow storm last week and it's been melting like crazy here. Almost 80 here today. I have no signal strength at all. Zero. Possibly have water somewhere. Thanks for all the help though.

Yes, we had a snow storm last week and it's been melting like crazy here. Almost 80 here today. I have no signal strength at all. Zero. Possibly have water somewhere. Thanks for all the help though.
Possible water intrusion, or alignment issues I would think. If they shut it off I would think you would see the unsubscribe screen. Sorry to hear about your loss of signal. Hope it's not much.

Reactions: DaveRoberts
Back on this morning. Perfect reception. All good. The only thing I can think of would water and it dried overnight. Thanks for all the help guys. I hope Orby gets this all worked out. Can't stand the thought of paying $150 a month again. Love your forums.
Glad to hear it worked out, I know I will dearly miss it if it goes dark. Can't go back to dave or Charlie to many $$$.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)