Anyone know where I can buy a 2.8m -> 3.2m extension kit for a Scientific Atlanta 9000 series dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VictoriaFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
Chicago
So I've had one of these puppies for a while now. I got it from forum member Pixl (thanks Pixl!) a few years back, and while it's a strong performer on almost everything I throw at it, there is still the occasional 16APSK or 32APSK feed it has some trouble locking. :(

I had to have a custom mount fabricated for it so I could attach it to an Ajak H180. Apparently there were polar mounts manufactured for this model, but quite rare, as most were deployed in a stationary configuration. But it sure is neat having a motorized commercial dish because this thing has a pretty elaborate spider-like design with all the petals connecting together into a central hub.

One thing that bugs me though is that apparently they manufactured an extension kit for it that you can use to extend it to a 3.2m dish but I've never been able to get my hands on one. So on that rare occasion I come across a feed I can't lock I always wonder, would it have saved me from this cruel fate if I had that 3.2m extension on it?

I'll pay someone to ship it freight + a fair price for the kit, or if you're close enough, maybe I can come on down to you and get it myself. I'm in the midwest, Chicago/Milwaukee metropolitan area. Here's some pictures of the dish!

SA9000_0.jpg SA9000_1.jpg SA9000_2.jpg SA9000_3.jpg SA9000_4.jpg SA9000_5.jpg SA9000_6.jpg SA9000_9.jpg SA9000_10.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts