Anyone know where I can buy a 2.8m -> 3.2m extension kit for a Scientific Atlanta 9000 series dish?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

VictoriaFTA

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 20, 2018
Chicago
So I've had one of these puppies for a while now. I got it from forum member Pixl (thanks Pixl!) a few years back, and while it's a strong performer on almost everything I throw at it, there is still the occasional 16APSK or 32APSK feed it has some trouble locking. :(

I had to have a custom mount fabricated for it so I could attach it to an Ajak H180. Apparently there were polar mounts manufactured for this model, but quite rare, as most were deployed in a stationary configuration. But it sure is neat having a motorized commercial dish because this thing has a pretty elaborate spider-like design with all the petals connecting together into a central hub.

One thing that bugs me though is that apparently they manufactured an extension kit for it that you can use to extend it to a 3.2m dish but I've never been able to get my hands on one. So on that rare occasion I come across a feed I can't lock I always wonder, would it have saved me from this cruel fate if I had that 3.2m extension on it?

I'll pay someone to ship it freight + a fair price for the kit, or if you're close enough, maybe I can come on down to you and get it myself. I'm in the midwest, Chicago/Milwaukee metropolitan area. Here's some pictures of the dish!

SA9000_0.jpg SA9000_1.jpg SA9000_2.jpg SA9000_3.jpg SA9000_4.jpg SA9000_5.jpg SA9000_6.jpg SA9000_9.jpg SA9000_10.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts