Status
Not open for further replies.

charper1

Bourbon Tester
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 18, 2004
I'm Nationwide
Does anyone know what these three services are and how they relate to Satguys? When I browse to the site or refresh threads these three, as of late, force a long load time. Asterisks were place so they would remain readable text.

folding.extremeoverclocking.c*m

w*w.google-analytics.c*m

pixel.quantserve.c*m

Extreme Overclocking.com is a Folding @ Home Stats site.

Google-Analytics is a web analysis tool

The other is probably advertising.

The EOC site is also used for the FAH tags like in my signature.

So they are supposed to beneficial? So this site "calls" on hooks to their sites? And if so, if they are having some degraded connection would this site have certain features slowed or degraded?

if the connections to them are slow, you might see slower page loads. Normally the top 2 in your post are fine, but occaionally there are traffic spikes, etc.

Are you having a particular issue?

Just a delay of about 20 -30 sec in the pages "finishing" their loads. The cursor is hour-glassed and in the status bar are msgs that it is "transferring data from XXXXX site" after that 20 - 30 sec it finally goes "done".

Hrm. Is this just tonight or all the time? just those 3 sites? Where are you located? Can you tracert to each of them, and post those?

I am in Memphis on Nike servers; so I am not 100% positive if we HOP all the way back to Portland or not, but this is the first time I have seen this. I will see if I can get the tracert.

Pixel.... (let me know if you need the others)

Attachments

• untitled1.JPG
    untitled1.JPG
    30.4 KB · Views: 162
Ok, it's on Akamai (the AKADNS tells me that), the fact that you get the ***'s is bad.

Can you crab it to the provider? They PROBABLY have an akamai cluster in their data center(s).

Please let me know if you still see it tomorrow.

So from the above; its neither me nor Satguys, but at an outside provider? I may have mis-read the above.

Yes, it's a site that we (Satguys) link to, but they are separate. Based on the reverse DNS from the traceroute, it's on Akamai (which makes the content closer network wise), but occasionally there are issues with that depending on loads, etc.

The Internet is a dynamic network. Stuff changes constantly. It's not a problem to ask/post. We all learn as this goes on.

Ok, it's on Akamai (the AKADNS tells me that), the fact that you get the ***'s is bad.
Are you sure about that ? The asterisks, especially for all (3) attempts, can also mean that that router ignores ICMP requests.

Are you sure about that ? The asterisks, especially for all (3) attempts, can also mean that that router ignores ICMP requests.

True, but that coupled with the issues the OP was seeing is not a good sign, and the fact that it was happening on so many hops, is not a good sign.

I get the same "Request timed out" when pinging pixel.quantserve.com this morning. I'll bet he does too after the issue has cleared up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anylize FTA files at risk

Hard Drive Issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts