Anyone noticed that getting Blockbuster disks at home has suddenly slowed to a crawl?

I finally double-checked my return label. It goes to Gaithersburg! This is so close it's next day service for any type of mail (other than BB). I'm pretty sure they inject an extra day's delay in there, each way, for no purpose I can fathom but slowing down their service. :mad: I don't believe the USPS is responsible.

I finally double-checked my return label. It goes to Gaithersburg! This is so close it's next day service for any type of mail (other than BB). I'm pretty sure they inject an extra day's delay in there, each way, for no purpose I can fathom but slowing down their service. :mad: I don't believe the USPS is responsible.

It is my understanding that the postal service purposely eliminated next day first class a year ago this month. If I send a letter to my mother a who lives mile from my house it will take a minimum of 2 days to get there.

We are essentially preserving overnight delivery for First-Class Mail through the end of 2013, although we are collapsing the distance that we can provide overnight service to the distribution area served by a particular mail processing facility,” said Megan Brennan. Approximately 80 percent of First-Class Mail will still be delivered overnight.

I should still be getting overnight delivery from Gaithersburg, MD to Fairfax, VA. These cities are very close, and I'm pretty sure that our Merrifield, VA regional post office remains one of these distribution centers. It's about 3 miles from my house.

I work for the USPS and the bar codes on the BB/Netflix envelopes are never scanned, our scanners do not recognize some bar codes/symbolgy, a scan-able bar code will either be accepted, or offer the options for international, COD or neither. I recently read that we should have real time scanning in 2014.
Well, at times they HAVE to be scanned. If I drop in the mail on Saturday and my que is cleared out on Sunday then BB had to get some sort of notification. There is no other explanation...

Well, at times they HAVE to be scanned. If I drop in the mail on Saturday and my que is cleared out on Sunday then BB had to get some sort of notification. There is no other explanation...
I just received my BB in the mail today and looking at the bar code I can tell if I scanned it, the scanner would not recognize it. I have never scanned a BB bar code in 15 years and have never been told to scan a netflix/bb bar code.
It is very possible your disk was processed quickly by USPS. I believe BB takes it time to fill orders. Several times I will get an email my disk was shipped the day after I've received it, go figure!

Just did a in store exchange at our local BB, not sure what the future holds for the stores, but I give Dish credit for what is going on in stores. They have a nice Hopper display, three or four tv's set up. Not sure if they have separate staff but they do have a small sales display

I am in the same boat...I mailed in my last DVD on 01-08-13. A whole week has gone by and my queue still reads "We are processing your next shipment". Wow, that is really slow service.

The last couple of disks arrived fairly quickly. I wonder why turnaround time varies so much from week to week.

No, that is about right time wise for me. I am in the 8+day club from when i mail something back and I get something new.

I get discs in about 2 days, same as when I was getting NetFlix discs. The issue is that titles are NEVER available! I have titles on my queue for months that never are available. Glad I am not paying extra for it.

Blockbuster has slowed to a crawl. Is anybody there anymore or did they lay everyone off. I have the two disc plan, they received one disc I shipped back on 1/04 and the second one on 1/10, here it is the 16th and no notice of what they might be shipping next. Two weeks since I returned the earlier disc and not even a notice they might be thinking about shipping the next one.

It wasn't all that long ago they were saying what a great service this partnership with Blockbuster was going to be. Looks like it's time either fix it or pull the plug.

With the long turnaround times, they are slowly but surely killing the service... Intentional or not, it's having the same effect.

Last edited:
This is a new record in slowness for Dish...I mailed in my last DVD on 01-08-13. Two weeks have gone by and my queue still reads "We are processing your next shipment". Wow, what is going on?.

This is a new record in slowness for Dish...I mailed in my last DVD on 01-08-13. Two weeks have gone by and my queue still reads "We are processing your next shipment". Wow, what is going on?.

I was looking at my cue and most of the movies have a wait for some sort as well....very long wait it says for the Clint Eastwood baseball movie. I will have to put a movie on the cue I am not interested in so it gets mailed to me so if can I store exchange for what I really want to see

I was looking at my cue and most of the movies have a wait for some sort as well....very long wait it says for the Clint Eastwood baseball movie. I will have to put a movie on the cue I am not interested in so it gets mailed to me so if can I store exchange for what I really want to see
Me too, all movies released in last 6 weeks are short wait or longer. My turnaround is pretty good but the movies I'm getting are or soon will be on the premium channels, HBO, Showtime, etc...which is a form of double dipping by Dish, in my opinion. The short wait etc. movies are most all airing on VOD/PPV...I think I'm getting the picture.:coffee

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)