Anyone, Please Help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

outten

Original poster
Nov 22, 2006
I Have A Hd Television That Supports Only 480 And 1080i.it Doesn't Support 720p. What Will Happen If I Get The Hd Package And Try Watching Those Channels Like Espn In 720p.will My Picture Convert To 1080i Or Down Convert To 480?any Help Is Much Appreciated.thanks

charper 1, will this conversion to 1080i negatively change my picture quality. i have heard that 1080i is not too good with sports and action. is this true.

I Have A Hd Television That Supports Only 480 And 1080i.it Doesn't Support 720p. What Will Happen If I Get The Hd Package And Try Watching Those Channels Like Espn In 720p.will My Picture Convert To 1080i Or Down Convert To 480?any Help Is Much Appreciated.thanks

My previous set also only had 480 and 1080i support. I set the satellite receiver for 1080i output and had very good pq. It was a 32" CRT set. I never had a problem with viewing a channel that broadcast in 720p, because as Charper said, the satellite receiver does the conversion to match the television resolution. I only upgraded to a 42" plasma because I wanted widescreen.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)