Anyone running KnoppMyth or other MythTV with 102g?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am interested in this as well. I have heard it works fine (as myth has a setup for DVB cards) but I havent tried it.

I do know there is an article in the Jan 2004 Linux Journal on how to setup the dvb cards with vdr (video digital recorder?). It goes into some detail. A bit outdated but it shows that you can get it to work.

Last edited:
Give this a read, has some great info:

http://knoppmythwiki.org/

I installed it on an uber-slow machine on Sunday night to see what the fuss was about and I have to say it rocks.
Takes a while to boot up and it didn't recognise my el-cheapo analogue TV card (it's a weird model) but it's highly configurable and would run the Twinhan cards nicely.

hope this helps.

Yeah, that's a good place, but I haven't got to spend much time there. A guy here at work is running KnoppMyth with an analog OTA card and an ATSC card and it's working great. He doesn't know anything about satellites though (and I like to think that I know something about them) so it will be a nice experience.

We remoted into his system yesterday at lunch and I was taking a look at the various settings. Didn't see much other than diseqc. I guess there is a patch somewhere too that allows the card to control an HH motor under Myth. I've got a lot to learn, but I had a lot to learn a year ago before I got into FTA too.

Any results for us, korsjs? My cards should be here this week so the plan is to attempt initial setup this weekend. I'll be attempting install of R5B7.

Well, I can tell everyone this. On a fresh install of Knoppmyth R5C7, my 102g was automagically recognized. I'm scanning with it right now!:tux:

Das Hammer said:
Well, I can tell everyone this. On a fresh install of Knoppmyth R5C7, my 102g was automagically recognized. I'm scanning with it right now!:tux:

I tried this some time ago & could not get it to work . :-(

I am a Linux newbie . :-(

Where did you d/l your copy that works ?

Currently downloading an iso . Will Nero burn an iso ?

Please PM me , I think I am going to need some help .

Thanks ,
Wyr

I downloaded and burned the iso .

The CD loaded & I eventually got a Linux screen , font is so tiny I can nor really read it , but what little I can read , I can not find anything about MythTV . :-(

Wyr

Wyr,

It didn't boot up to the MythTV interface? I haven't tried it with a tuner board of any kind but I was able to boot it to MythTV. It was pretty slick. I don't know if I'm ready to shelf the Tivos yet but if I had some supported hardware (DVB card / TV tuner card) it'd be in use right now.

Shawn95GT said:
Wyr,

It didn't boot up to the MythTV interface? I haven't tried it with a tuner board of any kind but I was able to boot it to MythTV. It was pretty slick. I don't know if I'm ready to shelf the Tivos yet but if I had some supported hardware (DVB card / TV tuner card) it'd be in use right now.

I do not think so , the font was so tiny .........

There were 2 " tabs " I could click on , but best I could tell , none of the menues had MtrhTV .

Thanks ,
Wyr

WyrTwister said:
I do not think so , the font was so tiny .........

There were 2 " tabs " I could click on , but best I could tell , none of the menues had MtrhTV .

Thanks ,
Wyr

Now have 2 different CD's that will boot & give different screens . Can not get to a functional MythTV on either . :)

Wyr

I had used an older build before. Today I downloaded RC5C7 from:

ftp://ftp.knoppmyth.net/R5/R5C7/

I installed using the 2nd option - the first is just a frontend.

It booted and asked for my root password and proceeded to setup MythTV.

after setting it up I got:

Attachments

• myth.jpg
    myth.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Shawn95GT said:
I had used an older build before. Today I downloaded RC5C7 from:

ftp://ftp.knoppmyth.net/R5/R5C7/

I installed using the 2nd option - the first is just a frontend.

It booted and asked for my root password and proceeded to setup MythTV.

after setting it up I got:

I am running a Windows XP machine . If I choose option # 2 , is it going to clobber Windows ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

yeah - it re-writes the whole system. It'll install GNU Linux + MythTV. This is definately something you want to try on a #2 box :).

Last edited:
Shawn95GT said:
yeah - it re-writes the whole system. It'll install GNU Linux + MythTV. This is definately something you want to try on a #2 box :).

After you install it , is the CD needed the next time around ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

Shawn95GT said:
no. It'll eject the CD when done and it's stand alone from there.

How big a hard drive do you need for this to work ? Might cinsider adding an old HD to the computer , just for this ?

Thanks ,
Wyr

It all depends how much you want to be able to record. I'd think a 20 Gig drive owuld work but you won't be ablew to record much. Preferably at least a 40 Gig and anything up from there is gravy.

I just put 400 Gig drives in two of my Tivos ;).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts