Anyone use a pair of 1.2m (Alaska/Hawaii) dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I can't locate "doctors" post of the retrofit of the AK/HI 99/101/103 lnb with the fta 1m dish. I am currently in HI and have secured the mentioned lnb but do not want to transport the dish, az/el mount home, just too big and heavy not to mention needless questions from border guy on my return. I'm thinking if I can find the arms(3 short pipes) that attach the lnb to this HI dish, then I may be able to do something - hoping focal point will be good. Comments, suggestions appreciated. Thanks

Thread is almost 2yrs old. I remember being a part of it, but doubt you'll find much useful information at this point. If your located in the lower USA you really and I stress really don't need this dish.

I realize this is not needed in the lower 48. in my location I am only receiving half of my HD ka transponders with signals in the 30's. Low 90's on 101, Slimline with swm3 setup. Previosly was told to go with Ak/HI 1.2m dish but cost, size & weight to transport home from HI is not realistic.

I want to bring the AK/HI 99/101/103 lnb along with attachment arms home and try to attach it to the 1m/39" fta dish. Just trying to determine whether focal point will be correct. But for free, I'm willing to play around with it a bit.

FYI unless you need the 119 satellite you only need one Alaska/Hawaii dish or LNB. You do need to connect the LNB to an SWM8 multiswitch though, because the guide data comes from 119 if you are on a channel from 103, unless you use the SWM8.

FYI unless you need the 119 satellite you only need one Alaska/Hawaii dish or LNB. You do need to connect the LNB to an SWM8 multiswitch though, because the guide data comes from 119 if you are on a channel from 103, unless you use the SWM8.

Not exactly correct... guide data moves to 101, your sd locals that would be on 119 if applicable are found on 103 in hd. connecting to the swm8 or 16 is required for a swm setup as there is not swm lnb for the ak/hi dish.

Still only needing 1 dish is correct. Good luck with the akhi lnb on the fta dish, I know Ive seen it done in pictures but have no hard proof that it works.

Not exactly correct... guide data moves to 101, your sd locals that would be on 119 if applicable are found on 103 in hd. connecting to the swm8 or 16 is required for a swm setup as there is not swm lnb for the ak/hi dish.

Still only needing 1 dish is correct. Good luck with the akhi lnb on the fta dish, I know Ive seen it done in pictures but have no hard proof that it works.

No, not correct. With the alaska/hawaii 99/101/103 LNB, you need to do one of two things. Either you need to connect it to the alaska/hawaii 110/119 LNB on the second dish, or you need to use an SWM8/16, because the alaska/hawaii 99/101/103 LNB does NOT behave like a slimline 3 where the guide data comes from 101. Used on its own, you would have guide data issues because there would be no guide data when you tune to a 103 transponder.

Thanks for the quick replies. Just to confirm, I should pick up a swm8 switch while I am here?- then 4 lines from lnb into switch and then single line into power inserter (still) or directly into the HR22? I will still be using the one receiver if that matters.

1.2 m Alaska/Hawaii dish

I live in southeast Texas and also have annoying problems with rain fade. I bought a 1.2 meter Alaska/Hawaii DirecTv dish from The Satellite Shop, and greatly improved the situation. Now, instead of outages that last tens of minutes, they only last a minute or two on HD and sometimes not at all on SD. The LNB covers 99, 101 , and 103 satellites which is all I really need. I still have my old Slimline 5LNB which I use for the Jazz music channel on the 119 satellite. The dish shipped by truck which was not a problem for me.

Good luck.

Genorm

Keith,
Have you looked into FedEx or UPS to send your dish home to you, I would think that may be your best option, dont know how much it would cost, but there wouldnt be questions asked that way.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)