anyone using wifi? dish Antenna discussion (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

e39dream

Nov 18, 2008
hi-

I'm sure some of you have seen the tutorials online about converting an old primestar dish into a wifi antenna. Was just wondering if anyone here had a similar setup and wanted to discuss.

I currently have what is supposed to be a 15dbi grid antenna and am about 300-400 feet from the access point. I'm getting very weak signals and I want to make a better antenna.

Once in awhile I get a good signal and I can enjoy things like youtube, mtv online etc. I want to build something that improves the signal enough to enjoy these sites at any time, not just when conditions are just right.

I will also use this thread to document my progress should anyone else find this interesting.

Now that I am looking at this site I want to setup a non subscription satellite system too :)

I have a primestar dish, but just the dish itself, no mount or other hardware.

e39dream

Nov 18, 2008
also if anyone has any old primestar stuff laying around such as an LNB pole or mounting kit let me know. I tried to make a post in the classifieds but it wont let me.

e39dream

Nov 18, 2008
after a little searching this site and google I have some good info and scored some parts.

The primestar dish I have is a channel master 75e. I was able to find 2/3 of the hardware I need to get it mounted here: https://impaktproducts.com/Dish-Parts-and-Accessories-p-1-c-296.html

I have no affiliation with that site, just wanted to share as it took me about 2 hours of digging to ID my dish and find a source for parts.

I picked up a LNB support arm and 2.5" mount/pipe for it for just over 40 bucks. I still need the part that mounts the dish to the pole. I may have to fab something up, but I would like to have the factory piece as it appears there is an adjustment there.

I figure another $20-40 in materials and I should have everything I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts