FiOS & Actiontec

realwx

Original poster
May 8, 2007
Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone with FiOS Internet can help me. I've been trying to connect to the internet wirelessly without it being as slow as 15kb/s. At times I've been randomly disconnected from the FiOS router, so I used a pencil to reset the router, and now the issue is the fact that, yes, it is slow wirelessly. I connect over ethernet, however, and it downloads at 1938kb/s. It's an Actiontec MI424WR.

I got the same issue, I was asked to change the router's wireless channel as my chordless phones interfers with my routers signal and it started working.

There is a problem with the radio transmitter on the Actiontec MI-424-WR router. Go to www.speakeasy.net/speedtest and spend 10 minutes testing your wireless connection rate. If you can, do the same thing on a wired connection. You will notice the wireless rate fluctuates greatly. My own experience ranges from 15mbps to as low as 100kbps.
I disabled the wireless radio on the Actiontec router. I took an old wireless router (Buffalo Airstation) and connected it to one of the ethernet ports on the Actiontec. I am now connecting all of my wireless devices through the Buffalo router into the Actiontec wired ports.
I am getting a constant connection rate of 18-19mbps on wireless. Not bad considering that my connection is maxed out at 20mbps by Verizon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)