anyone wish the hopper had a list view and different color layout?

dishfan82

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Feb 18, 2012
clinton Township
As much as i like the hopper, i wish dish would add the option for a list view. My brother has wow cable and the dvr he has gives him the option of viewing by list or grid. That dvr has an hd interface and is really nice. No dvr though is as bad as comcast's dvr. Also i wish the hopper let you change the color of the guide to what you want.

As much as i like the hopper, i wish dish would add the option for a list view. My brother has wow cable and the dvr he has gives him the option of viewing by list or grid. That dvr has an hd interface and is really nice. No dvr though is as bad as comcast's dvr. Also i wish the hopper let you change the color of the guide to what you want.

Favorites Lists are other colors.;):D

Last edited:
I like the way it is now, but with that said it would be cool if the Hopper was Skinable, allowing you to customize colors to your liking. :)

List view would be nice on HD. I have one SD TV and the guide is worthless. I can't hardly read it at any distance. A different guide for SD would also be very nice.

Maybe they will produce this in the future. But frankly, it's gotta be low priority. But as the Hopper seems to have "legs" as the basis for the future, I wouldn't be surprised if they had several major enhancements sked for down the road.

Im going to request a list view of the channel guide be added. Maybe if enough of us Request it they might add it? It would be greatly helpful for recordings.

...And have Dish sued by TiVo again for implementing what is billed as "The TiVo Guide"? I don't think that is EVER going to happen. TiVo, while busy suing just about everyone, they aren't so busy to sue Dish again.

I would LOVE to have List View back. IMO, it was much easier to navigate through my recordings on my 722 and 722k.

I do like the hopper but not having a list view may be a deal breaker. I mean what were they thinking if I have 120 some shows it could take me 5 minutes every time I want to watch something. What is the Software industries problem with list view. They think were all morons and need stupid shiny buttons to slow us down... I can't even read the text on my shows but yet I see a big shiny button which all have the same dish network icon.

The Dish Network Hopper 's GUI is bad. The guide is way to crowded and the fonts are way to small and you can't change them. The DVR does not have a list view and it's hard to navigate when you have a lot of shows. Most of the filters work poorly at grouping properly... Hey Dish look at how well big shiny buttons worked for Windows 8 (that was sarcasm.. it didn't work for windows 8 because people are not stupid)

I preferred the colors for 922 guide. The gray for the Hopper is not as pleasing to my eyes. The 922 color seem easier on my eyes.

If you use group by title and sort by episode in the groups, you have the best of both worlds - icons for the titles and list view of episodes. The icon screen has about the same number of icons as the old lists had of titles per page. If you want a cruddy interface, go to DirecTV.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)